Old 23-08-2004, 03:10 AM
K. B.

i had a similar problem with mine. The center of the spot turned black and
was thinner than the surrounding tissue. I applied hydrogen peroxide
straight from the bottle. Just poured it on, allowing drainage away from
the roots. It stopped the spread by the leafs appear to be dying 2 months
later. Good news is a new leaf started almost immediately and is now about
3" long.

KB

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
I can't tell exactly what the problem is -- some kind of fungus. My best
suggestions a 1) Cut with a bigger margin into healthy tissue next
time. 2) Coat the cut edge with cinnamon, or a stronger fungicide paste,
immediately after cutting.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Frank Rittwager" wrote in message

Can anyone take a guess at what this leaf problem is? I have numerous

Paphs
of several kinds (species, primaries, and novelties), and they all seem

get this type of spot on various leaves on a regular basis. When I cut

off
the end of the leaf, the problem seems to stop spreading for a couple of
months, and then the leaf starts to die (becomes dark brown) again

(starting
at the end of the leaf). Is this just natural?

http://216.160.131.65/LeafSpot1.jpg
http://216.160.131.65/LeafSpot2.jpg

Environmental Details:
Grown In: Medium Sized Coconut Husk
Plant Food: "Grow More" Urea Free 20-10-20
Watering Schedule: Every 4-5 days
Temperatu ~75 degrees F.
Lights: Natural and 4 Foot Cool-Warm Bulb (Mixed)

Please let me know if I can supply any more details or additional

photos...

Thanks for any information or opinions!!!!
Frank