GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Metal Halide Lights (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/820-metal-halide-lights.html)

Merrill Speeter 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

Metal Halide Lights

After years with fluorescents plan to light a 4x4 area in my present
apartment with a 250 watt metal halide lamp. Will be growing mainly
phals but what else might be suitable, mimi cats, paphs ?
Temperature would be a problem with cool growers.

nathan 10-02-2003 12:25 AM

Metal Halide Lights

I can tell you that paphs tend to do well under metal halide for great
looking growth. They lack in the red light so flowering tends to be a
little weak compared to nature. Metal halide is still better than
fluorescents though. I grow somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred paphs and
phrags under metal halide along with a HPS for help flowering .

om...