Old 22-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Hope Munro Smith

Default Phal lost leaves

Hello,

While I was on vacation my phal got stressed out and lost all its
leaves. The roots look very strong, what can I do for it to encourage
new leaves? Thanks!

until soon, Hope

Old 22-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hope,

If the roots look strong, there's a chance that the plant will develop what
is known as a keiki, or a new growth formation. Treat the plant as you
would if it had leaves, but with somewhat less water, I think, and wish for
the best.

As far as species or hybrid, is there a tag in the pot? If so, it may tell
you more.

Diana

Old 22-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Dustin

Reason I asked if it was a hybrid or a species is some species will drop
their leaves during the dry season. It is early in the year for that to
happen though. If your unsure what it is then its almost certainly a
hybrid.

Do as Diana says, treat it like normal maybe a bit dryer though. There
is a chance it will come back.