Old 25-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Mick Fournier

Kathy,

I always enjoy a little bit of good tempting.

Mick

Old 25-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Diana Kulaga

There she goes! She's done it now!! If the orchid demons won't get her
the
orchid gods sure will. Oh tempter of fate!

K Barrett

You've got that right, Kath! I'll bet Joanna doesn't know about the 100
certified kills that are required, either! LOL

Diana

Old 25-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Rob Halgren

Diana Kulaga wrote:

There she goes! She's done it now!! If the orchid demons won't get her

the

orchid gods sure will. Oh tempter of fate!

K Barrett

You've got that right, Kath! I'll bet Joanna doesn't know about the 100
certified kills that are required, either! LOL

Is it only a 100? I should be the Red Baron by now, considering all the
kills I've racked up.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 26-08-2004, 12:14 AM
J Fortuna

Diana,

I've heard about the 100 certified kills. I have also heard that anyone who
claims that they have not killed a single orchid must be lying. Since I know
for a fact that the second statement is not true, I am questioning the
validity of the first one. Sorry. Plus do I really want to be certified? I
bet if I were certified, I would be required to repot all my orchids myself,
too, right? So I am not so sure it's worth it.

Yes, I know I am tempting fate, but hey, what would life be without some
risk and daring and tempting. I know that even if I were to kill an orchid
after all (which hopefully won't happen), it wouldn't kill me, which is the
most important. And then there is the fact that while I really enjoy
watching an orchid that was not doing too well get better, my favorite
plants are generally the ones that are doing best, and just continue to
flourish, and I have more of those than of the ailing ones, so life is good.

Joanna

nk.net...

Old 26-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Ray

I don't know about the "certified" business, but it is a well-established
fact that you cannot be known as an expert until you've killed your weight
in orchids.

I think that's why many folks put on weight as they age...

..

Old 26-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Diana Kulaga

I think that's why many folks put on weight as they age...

So that's the problem! Whew!

Diana

Old 26-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Diana Kulaga

Old 27-08-2004, 05:05 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:14:50 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Diana,

I've heard about the 100 certified kills.

Ok, I will admit to 30 years of growing. And a freeze that took
out several hundred in one night, but I think I was probably
'certified' well before that. The question is Certified what?
I believe the only answer is a Certified Orchid-aholic.
SuE

Old 27-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

The question is Certified what?
I believe the only answer is a Certified Orchid-aholic.
SuE

We really are gluttons for punishment, aren't we? In this case, however,
the pleasure far outstrips the pain!

Diana

Old 31-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Ted Byers

"Al" wrote in message

(Next time you come by Joanna, you will have to talk to me about .asp for

my
website. I have a mysql database and php something but I can't figure out
how to connect the website/pages to it or use it in any real way. I am
working to complete a miva merchant changeover and redesigning the ancient
site but html without any bells and whistles is about all my brain can
comprehend long enough to make a website do anything. And then there is
this never ending repotting chore to deal with and splinters in my typing
fingers.)

Hey Al, how's your website changeover going?

If you need help, I may be able to offer a little help on line. I just got
back from India, but I don't know yet for how long.

I see you have mysql and php, but you don't say what web server you're using
or whether your servers are on the same machine or distributed over a
network.

Cheers,

Ted

Old 31-08-2004, 11:07 PM
wendy7

Hi there Ted, How was your time in India? Glad to see
you back safe & sound.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply