Old 21-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default OS Meeting Ideas

All,

I'm going into my second year as veep of our local OS, and I'm in charge of
doing an orchid clinic, which I do myself, and also scheduling speakers. The
speakers are the simple part, since we have many wonderful growers in the
area. Anyone have unique ideas for society meetings? I found a couple of
Kathy's, and I'm definitely going to try them. Repotting, semi-hydro,
mounting, etc, are all pretty much worn thin.

And to get the ball rolling, I'll share a format that I occasionally use,
with great success. I break the attendees into smaller groups (one time I
handed out cards with pictures of 4 different orchids and the attendees had
to find the members of their group without talking - funny), and put someone
experienced in charge of each, doing whatever demonstration I've planned.

All input greatly appreciated!

Diana

OS Meeting Ideas Diana Kulaga Orchids 28 27-08-2004 10:45 PM
AOS meeting Dave Lockwood Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM
Nassau County Aquarium Society (NY) Meeting MRF Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 05-03-2003 03:51 AM
Silicon Valley Aquarium Society-Aquascaping Meeting March 1 Dave Millman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 26-02-2003 07:55 PM
Rose Celebrations and meeting with the Rose-Obsessed USDA map Radika Kesavan Roses 1 31-01-2003 12:36 AM