Old 27-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Dada

Default paph kolopakingii?

Hi All:

How long does Paph kolopakingii take to flower once out of the flask. I have
had mine approx. 3 years out of flask. The plant is growing bigger and
bigger, with no signs of spiking.

Also at which time of the year does it normally flower? I have heard that
once it flowers it will provide a spectacular display.

Thanks

Dada

Old 27-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Orchidguy

I have a few Paph kolopakingiis and a couple of hybrids of it as well , I'm
not quite sure exactly how old mine are , but I think they are close to 4-5
years old . just be patient I guess , and mine bloomed around the end of
August -September....
Good Luck !
Todd.......P.S. I'll add a pic to this too its a kolopakingii x roth hybrid
"Dada" wrote in message
Hi All:

How long does Paph kolopakingii take to flower once out of the flask. I

have
had mine approx. 3 years out of flask. The plant is growing bigger and
bigger, with no signs of spiking.

Also at which time of the year does it normally flower? I have heard that
once it flowers it will provide a spectacular display.

Thanks

Dada

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mvc-131s.jpg (36.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 28-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Gene Schurg

Dada,

You may have a while. I have a couple that were seedlings that I purchased
3 years ago and they are still a way from blooming size.

I have one that should bloom soon that has a leaf span of about 36 inches.

How large are your seedlings?

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 28-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Dada

The one I have has a leaf span of 12 inches. I guess I'll have to wait quite
a bit then..

36 inches is pretty huge for a paph.

k.net...

Old 04-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Elpaninaro

The one I have has a leaf span of 12 inches. I guess I'll have to wait quite
a bit then..

I think another 3-4 years is a good expectation. 30-36 inch leaf span is about
when you should see flowers.

The giveaway usually is a swelling at the base of the growth. Once things start
to get very fat down there, it usually means a flower spike is developing.

FWIW- 12 inch leaf span on kolopakingii 3 years out of flask is pretty good.
You are obviously keeping the plant very happy.

Take care,

Tom.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Elpaninaro

The one I have has a leaf span of 12 inches. I guess I'll have to wait quite
a bit then..

I think another 3-4 years is a good expectation. 30-36 inch leaf span is about
when you should see flowers.

The giveaway usually is a swelling at the base of the growth. Once things start
to get very fat down there, it usually means a flower spike is developing.

FWIW- 12 inch leaf span on kolopakingii 3 years out of flask is pretty good.
You are obviously keeping the plant very happy.

Take care,

Tom.

Paph kolopakingii var alba? [email protected] Orchids 23 19-05-2007 03:14 AM
Paph bellatulum x kolopakingii Gene Schurg Orchid Photos 1 23-11-2006 02:25 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
paph kolopakingii? Dada Orchids 0 27-08-2004 06:05 PM
Kolopakingii Dicky Orchids 2 19-06-2004 11:02 PM