Old 29-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Dada

Default Fort Caroline Orchids Inc.

Can anyone provide me with the email/contact address for Fort Caroline
Orchids Inc.. They registered a number of neat hybrids and i would be
interested in contacting them. I guess their address would be in the
Sander's list of orchid hybrids, which i dont have.

Dada

Old 29-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Math1

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Math1

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Dada

Thanks.. do they have any email address that you know of?

"Math1" wrote in message
newsynYc.3766$wk1.26@trndny07...

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Dada

"Math1" wrote in message
newsynYc.3766$wk1.26@trndny07...

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 11:14 PM
J. Del Col

"Math1" wrote in message news:DynYc.3766$wk1.26@trndny07...
PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

"Dada" wrote in message
.. .
| Can anyone provide me with the email/contact address for Fort
Caroline
| Orchids Inc.. They registered a number of neat hybrids and i would
be
| interested in contacting them. I guess their address would be in the
| Sander's list of orchid hybrids, which i dont have.
|
| Dada

This is very interesting. I was in Jacksonville a month ago, and
there was no listing for Fort Caroline Orchids in either the white or
yellow pages.

I visited them many years ago. Nice plants, but very pricey.

J. Del Col
Old 29-08-2004, 11:19 PM
J. Del Col

"Dada" wrote in message ...
Can anyone provide me with the email/contact address for Fort Caroline
Orchids Inc.. They registered a number of neat hybrids and i would be
interested in contacting them. I guess their address would be in the
Sander's list of orchid hybrids, which i dont have.

Dada

Fort Caroline Orchids closed in September, 1991.

J. Del Col

Old 29-08-2004, 11:21 PM
K Barrett

From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
about):

"William C. Guthrie Jr.

Nominee for AOS Trustee

"William Guthrie began growing orchids in the late 1970s, and the bug hit
him hard. In November 1982, he purchased Fort Caroline Orchids, retired
from the full-time practice of law, and began operation of an orchid
business. Thereafter, Bill exhibited and sold at approximately 20 orchid
shows per year. He served several years as president of the Allied Orchid
and Bromeliad Exhibitors, Inc., an organization devoted to the showing and
sale of orchids and bromeliads in Florida. After discovering severe plant
damage from use of DuPont's Benlate, and being unwilling to sell affected
plants, Bill closed Fort Caroline Orchids in September 1991. After
settlement with DuPont, he decided not to re-enter the commercial orchid
business. "

K Barrett

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 11:21 PM
K Barrett

From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
[...]

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 29-08-2004, 11:21 PM
K Barrett

From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
[...]

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 30-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Dada

Thanks for the info.. I guess that ends my quest then!

"K Barrett" wrote in message
From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
[...]

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 30-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Dada

"K Barrett" wrote in message
> [...]
From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
[...]

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

.. .

Old 30-08-2004, 02:55 AM
John DeGood

Dada wrote:
Thanks for the info.. I guess that ends my quest then!

Not so fast! :-) A Google search indicates that a number of the Fort
Caroline Orchids were registered by Dr Henry Wallbrunn, and searching on
that name suggests that he may still be active, as a Phal. mannii
belonging to a Henry Wallbrunn was awarded a blue ribbon in April 2004
at the Gainesville Orchid Society:

http://www.afn.org/~gos/

So you might try contacting Mr Wallbrunn via the GOS and see if his
collection still includes the plants he registered!

John