Old 04-09-2004, 08:14 PM
PacKat

Default Urgent! Where can I find bulk cut orchids

Hello there!
Could anyone tell me where to mail order bulk orchids at
reasonable price? We live on the east coast near Washington
DC and Richmond area.

My brother is getting married the second week of October. I
am planning to provide flower arrangements for the
reception. The bride's heart is set on orchids. I have
been searching for both local and internet, but came out
empty. Actually, I found one in Bangkok, but don't want to
have to deal with time uncertainty.
Thnaks,
packat

Old 04-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Elpaninaro

Hello there!
Could anyone tell me where to mail order bulk orchids at
reasonable price? We live on the east coast near Washington
DC and Richmond area.

My brother is getting married the second week of October. I
am planning to provide flower arrangements for the
reception. The bride's heart is set on orchids. I have
been searching for both local and internet, but came out
empty. Actually, I found one in Bangkok, but don't want to
have to deal with time uncertainty.
Thnaks,
packat

I did some digging online and could not find a whole lot- but did some places
in Asia that look pretty solid (as in well organized websites which is the most
assurance I can offer.) That said, the stems are not cheap. Orchidsbyair.com
has some nice selections, but a package of 30-48 stems will be $118 delivered
to your door. Not prohibitive perhaps, but still that is almost $3 each for
some varieties.

What kind of orchids do you need? How many do you need? If you need 100-200
stems or less, then I would suggest contacting Carmela Orchids or any major
continential US nursery (Hausermanns, RF Orchds) that does a large volume
business.

Such a company would have the resources to fill that request and hopefully they
would be willing to help you out with a special request.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Tom.

Take care,

Tom.

PS- Try Stewart's too, and Yamamoto Dendrobiums. All of the ones I have
suggested have websites, or you can find contact info at the AOS Home page list
of nurseries.

Old 05-09-2004, 03:59 PM
K Barrett

There isn't a flower market in the DC area? Sometimes these are closed to
the general public and you have to go through someone with a resale number -
so if you have any friends with one of those you can get in. Sometimes they
are open (like the one here in San Francisco)

K Barrett
newsuo_c.2716$5Y6.1339@trnddc07...

Old 05-09-2004, 03:59 PM
K Barrett

"PacKat" wrote in message
newsuo_c.2716$5Y6.1339@trnddc07...

Hello there!
Could anyone tell me where to mail order bulk orchids at
reasonable price? We live on the east coast near Washington
DC and Richmond area.

My brother is getting married the second week of October. I
am planning to provide flower arrangements for the
reception. The bride's heart is set on orchids. I have
been searching for both local and internet, but came out
empty. Actually, I found one in Bangkok, but don't want to
have to deal with time uncertainty.
Thnaks,
packat

Cut-Flower Care-How to Make Your Fresh-Cut Flowers Last O My Garden[_2_] Gardening 0 14-09-2007 06:40 AM
[IBC] To cut or not to cut that´s the question. Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 04-11-2004 01:39 PM
Urgent! Where can I find bulk cut orchids PacKat Gardening 3 05-09-2004 04:50 PM
To cut or not to cut ? Allen Lai Lawns 4 31-10-2003 11:22 PM
To cut or not to cut .... Allen Lai Lawns 9 12-06-2003 04:56 AM