Old 10-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Rob Halgren

PhalGuy wrote:

hello everyone!

I have an Oncidium Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance' AM/AOS in S/H. I bought it
last spring. So far, it has grown 4 new pseudobulbs for a total of 8 PS.
They are plump, big, no wrinkle!

Now, I was wondering, any special technique to get it bloom? To initiate
spike?
This is my first Oncidium that`s way I am asking!

I'd suspect that it will initiate some (probably many) inflorescences if
it gets a bit of a cool spell. With the cooler days of fall and winter
coming up, it won't be too hard. If you are growing in a window,
consider putting it outside in the garage at night for a week or two
(bringing it inside during the day). It would probably bloom without
that treatment, if you are lazy (like me) or patient (not like me).

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )
Old 10-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Claude

Thanks Rob!

Claude

Old 10-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Ray

Default Oncidium Sharry Baby!

More light

..
"PhalGuy" wrote in message
hello everyone!

I have an Oncidium Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance' AM/AOS in S/H. I bought
it
last spring. So far, it has grown 4 new pseudobulbs for a total of 8 PS.
They are plump, big, no wrinkle!

Now, I was wondering, any special technique to get it bloom? To initiate
spike?
This is my first Oncidium that`s way I am asking!

Thanks

--
Claude

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Remove NOSPAM to reply

Oncidium Sharry baby! PhalGuy Orchids 4 10-08-2005 01:48 AM
Sharry Baby Oncidium Orchids 5 12-12-2004 06:46 PM
Sharry Baby Oncidium Orchids 0 11-12-2004 10:13 PM
Oncidium Sharry Baby TB Orchids 11 08-10-2003 08:17 AM
Cold tolerance of Oncidium Sharry Baby Wink Orchids 13 13-03-2003 12:45 AM