Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Elena

Default Miltonia's death :-(

Hi,

I came back from holidays and I found my Miltonia (I don't know the complete
name, it had beautiful big purple flowers) in agony ! Leaves had green tips
but were yellow at the base and roots also were yellow/orange. Flowers came
off just touching them !

I can't understand what happened ! In the same room I have Phals and some
"miniatures" (I'm not sure of the transaltion, we call miniatures the
orchids which grow in very little pots with nearly 5 cm diameter) and they
had no problems !
Before leaving I watered and fertilezed all my orchids (with the same
fertilizer), including some Odontoglossum (which are in good health in
another room).

After some days I was back the Miltonia lost all flowers and leaves and
became completely yellow/orange.

Maybe the fertilizer was ok for other orchids but not for Miltonia
(unfortunately I don't know the composition) ? Or there was too less light ?
The pot seemed little considering the Miltonia's size, but I bought it just
4 months ago...besides I've read that Miltonia's often are a bit tight.

Any idea ?

Elena

Miltonia's death :-( Elena Orchids 11 12-09-2004 05:31 PM
Miltonia Inflorescences Getting Stuck Matthew Donadio Orchids 2 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
Miltonia Inflorescences Getting Stuck Matthew Donadio Orchids 0 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
Miltonia, Vuylstekeara, and Miltonidium dd Orchids 8 11-09-2003 12:19 AM
mushy psuedobulbs on a miltonia Diane Mancino Orchids 0 27-04-2003 04:20 PM