Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Sean

Default ?? about keiki on phal

Hi all,

About 5 months ago I purchased an out of bloom phal at a local nursery on
the cheap. It was in good shape with two spikes. I cut the two spikes just
above the first node to attempt a rebloom and instead both spikes have
produced keikis (sp?). How should I go about caring for these and what
should I be looking for in the near future to have two offspring from this
parent? I have a picture in a.b.p.orchids titled 'phal keiki' for those
that care to take a look.

Also, if you have an opportunity to look at the plant, one of the leaves
from the newest growth has curved over to the point you can only see the
underside of the leaf. Is this ok or should I try to keep the leaf topside
up with a small stake?

thanks tremendously for any help or advice,

Sean

?? about keiki on phal Sean Orchids 23 12-09-2004 03:39 AM
sub-basal keiki? J Fortuna Orchids 6 13-03-2004 04:43 PM
Dendrobium keiki? John DeGood Orchids 1 07-09-2003 05:45 AM
Keiki Paste on Dendrobium Stems Merrill Speeter Orchids 1 29-05-2003 05:22 AM
Where can I get Keiki-Grow? Cardigan Orchids 2 06-05-2003 07:20 AM