Old 14-09-2004, 04:46 PM
K Barrett

Default Flowers don't emerge from sheath.

I posted this on the OGD in order to get a wider variety of input, but then
Peter Croezen started up yammering about some god forsaken place in South
America, so I doubt anyone there will answer me, they'll be too interested
in watching the trainwreck that always seems to follow Peter's posts. So I
come to rgo for some ideas.

For the past 2-3-4 years the inflorescences on my catts haven't been
emerging from their sheathes. They've been getting shorter and shorter
until now the flowers open inside the sheathe. I turned over a new leaf
this January and have been taking better care of my orchids, being sure they
are watered, fertilized and disease free. Yet this has been getting worse
and worse as time goes on.

I'm puzzled. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.orchidtrek.com/sheath1.JPG and
http://www.orchidtrek.com/sheath2.JPG