Old 21-09-2004, 02:57 AM
Bob Walsh

Oh, keep the label. You will need it for the instructions for orchids.
"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
And now that Ray found the label you can print it out, take it to a farm
store (i.e. Fleet Farm in the Midwest and look at the labels for milk

house
cleaning and other containers to find one that matches. Either full

strength
or 1/2 strength (which you could double I believe). The one labeled for

milk
house costs more than those labeled for other uses.

The cost will pleasantly surprise you!

Bob

"Ray" wrote in message
A quick google search turned up over 800 listings. here's one:

http://www.physan.com/PAGES/Physan20_8oz_Label.pdf

.
"Xi Wang" wrote in message
What's the active ingredient in Physan anyway?

Cheers,
Xi

Diana Kulaga wrote:
C.L.A.N. Orchids has it (Camp Lotta Noise), and so do many others.

You
can
buy 8 oz, I think.

Diana

Old 21-09-2004, 03:22 AM
James Aldridge

What's the active ingredient in Physan anyway?

Physan 20 is a mixture of two quaternary ammonium compounds and an
inert carrier:

n-alkyl (60% C14, 30% C16, 5%C12, 5% C18)
dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride = 10%

n-alkyl (68% C12, 32% C14) dimethyl
ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride = 10%

INERT INGREDIENTS = 80%

Old 23-09-2004, 02:52 AM
bk

I got tired of the generally high prices I was seeing for Physan 20, so am
test marketing quart bottles for less than most places sell the 16-ouncers.
I only have a limited number available for now, so we'll see how it goes.

Ray Barkalow -- First Rays Orchids -- www.firstrays.com Plants, supplies,
books, artwork and lots of free info!

"betsyb" wrote in message
Where do you order this? One place wanted $2 more than quart cost? Is

this
usual? for 6 plants I don't think a gallon is practical.

Old 23-09-2004, 03:18 PM
TRAINMAN9

I got tired of the generally high prices I was seeing for Physan 20, so am

We used to buy a substitute for Physan at a hardware store that had a large
selection of items for horse owners. However the store closed and I've looked
for the product at Agways without success.

Anyone have a source other that mailorder. By the time you pay the shipping
costs you might as well just buy Physan 20.
Old 23-09-2004, 05:09 PM
wendy7

I get mine from Orange County Farm Supply in the City of Orange.
If I recall the small size is $11
But I guess it depends where you grow?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 23-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Edmond Cormier

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I thought everyone used pool algacide. Why pay for Physan?

Because one feels better thinking costlier means more! better.

Yet an Ammoniun quartenary is an Ammoniun quartenary! Ask your friendly
chemistry prof.
Ed Cormier

Old 23-09-2004, 09:14 PM
ARIET B

Same thing: Swimming Pool Algicide, as I recall. You need to calculate a
different dilution, which I definitely do not recall. Very cheap.
Elinor
Old 23-09-2004, 10:42 PM
K Barrett

IIRC pool algacide is 1/2 the strength of Physan, so if physan says use 1
tsp/gal you'd use 2 tsp/gal of pool algacide. BUT READ THE LABEL and verify
this before you try it at home.

K Barrett

PHYSAN Dada Orchids 9 17-04-2004 08:45 PM
Physan & Orthene Q Diana Kulaga Orchids 9 22-03-2004 01:12 AM
Physan & Orthene Q Diana Kulaga Orchids 0 21-03-2004 12:15 AM
Physan gogs1 Orchids 3 23-11-2003 11:29 PM
start with something like physan or maybe a weak frank mitch newton bleach mix. fmn2 Orchids 0 09-08-2003 07:32 PM