GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mick and his fuzzy math :) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/84307-mick-his-fuzzy-math.html)

Elpaninaro 24-09-2004 11:57 PM

Mick and his fuzzy math :)

Good evening all,

I am not usually one for gushing public praise, but gotta do it this time.

Mick just sent me 8 Cattleya and Laelia species flasks and in over 20 years of
orchid growing I have NEVER seen such impressive plants. Healthy and strong,
and the plant count- yikes!

The plant count is the reason for the title of my post :)

Any of you ever order a "hobby flask" and have it fill THREE 4 inch compots?

Me either.

And those 3 compots will have to be thinned to 8-10 compots once the plants get
bigger.

Not many people out there are going back to orchid growing's roots to breed
really fine Cattleya Alliance species.

Nice to know the guy doing it is doing one hell of a job.

Thanks Mick. I am looking forward to batch 2 in November, but space could
become a problem (though I do not expect any sympathy over that.)

Tom.