GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phal. violacea 'Malaysia' major problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/84335-phal-violacea-malaysia-major-problem.html)

GrlIntrpted 27-09-2004 12:04 AM

Phal. violacea 'Malaysia' major problem

As you can see this seedling is on it's last legs (photo under the same
subject in abpo. It had another leaf that yellowed and fell off. All this
yellowing occured in about one week's time. It was planted in regular
orchid mix (which is what I use on all my phals), and it was in the tree
fern fiber pot. It is kept a bit shadier than the belina but is subject to
the same temperatures. All the other Phals (species) are doing fantastic
this one is dying. But is it really dying? the roots look healthy to me,
and no sign of rot, any idea? is it salvagable? is that a word?....

Help is greatly appreciated,
Mariana