Old 24-10-2004, 06:21 AM
wendy7

Yes Bob, it worked with MS I/E & Mozilla FireFox.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Bob Betts wrote:
Wendy, did you try with FireFox as well as IE?

I have never heard of FireFox until this, thankfully, temporary
problem happened. I was worried that with a new browser I would start
having problems with people unable to access the database.

I would not be too surprised if the database was temporarily
unavailable or if it was having problems responding to more than one
request at the same time. The database uses MS/Access which is not
designed for huge volumes of data and concurrent accesses but it is
the only one I have access (no pun intended) to so it will have to
stay that way.

I don't think it is reaching its' limit yet with only a little over
120,000 data records in it but maybe multiple concurrent accesses give
it a problem. Or, maybe my ISP was having temporary system problems.

At any rate, I guess all that matters is that it was a temporary
glitch and it is available again.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:32:33 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Ok today Bob, thanks a ton.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Bob Betts wrote:
Well now I am not sure what to do. I am using IE from Windows / 98
so I am not sure why other IE users cannot connect unless it is a
time of day or load problem as you suggest.
Are people having problems getting to the screen where they enter
their search string or is it when they try to send that string to
the database to bring back the results?
I will try it from Windows 2000 which is the only other operating
system I have access to. I have never even heard of Firefox until
now so I may have to get someone that uses it to help straighten
this out.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:29:46 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Bob Walsh wrote:

Bob,

It worked for me.

Bob

"Bob Betts" wrote in message

Has anyone else had a problem connecting to the link?
I cut and pasted the url from the message below and had no
problem getting to it. If others are having a problem accessing
it, I would like to know so I can try and figure out why and fix
it.

Doesn't work for me... Not in Firefox (v0.10). Didn't work in IE
either. Is this an ASP problem? Maybe a time of day or server
load problem? Seems like everybody is having web issues this
week...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 17-03-2006, 10:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Picture Reference Database update

Rob Halgren wrote:

Doesn't work for me... Not in Firefox (v0.10). Didn't work in IE
either. Is this an ASP problem? Maybe a time of day or server load
problem? Seems like everybody is having web issues this week...

Rob

Works for me in Firefox 1.5.0.1.
Rob, get your FF updated!

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 17-03-2006, 10:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Reka wrote:
Rob Halgren wrote:

Doesn't work for me... Not in Firefox (v0.10). Didn't work in IE
either. Is this an ASP problem? Maybe a time of day or server load
problem? Seems like everybody is having web issues this week...

Rob

Works for me in Firefox 1.5.0.1.
Rob, get your FF updated!

Oops, sorry, this came up to the top again and I didn't look at the date.
Rob, you are hopefully on a newer FF?