Old 15-10-2004, 07:29 PM
B.O.F.

Default Additives

This year for the first time I have been using Superthrive, Nitrozyme &
O.G.P. on my orchids, I would like to think my plants look healthier & I
have certainly noticed increased flower numbers on my Phals. as well as
previously non flowering Phals producing blooms.

Has anyone else used hydroponic additives on their orchids & which ones do
you use/recommend?

( I am not growing my orchids hydroponically, I use bark chippings.)

Graham

Old 15-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Ray

If you are not growing terrestrial orchids, you really are growing them
hydroponically!

Think about it: what is the purpose of the medium beyond mechanical support
and storing water and nutrients? Unless you use osmunda, you're really not
getting any nutrition out of the medium, anyway.

To your original query - I have used rooting hormones for years, and
experimented with humic acid, kelps extracts, etc., but am of the opinion
now that a good, complete fertilizer in the right dosage and at the right pH
is sufficient.

(What is O.G.P.?)

..
. ..

Old 15-10-2004, 08:25 PM
B.O.F.

O.G.P. is Organic Growth Promotant, its made in New Zealand & imported into
the U.K. by Growth Technology Ltd., it contains Giberelic acid,
Triacontanol, natural hormones & bio stimulants!

I see your point about growing hydroponically, but surely most people
understand hydroponics as growing a plant with roots permanently immersed in
water, i just meant to state that i am not growing my orchids in this way
but in the "normal" way, i.e. some form of dry media.

Having said that I suppose that orchids growing upon a tree in the
rainforest are living almost hydroponically!

Graham

"Ray" wrote in message
If you are not growing terrestrial orchids, you really are growing them
hydroponically!

Think about it: what is the purpose of the medium beyond mechanical

support
and storing water and nutrients? Unless you use osmunda, you're really

not
getting any nutrition out of the medium, anyway.

To your original query - I have used rooting hormones for years, and
experimented with humic acid, kelps extracts, etc., but am of the opinion
now that a good, complete fertilizer in the right dosage and at the right

pH
is sufficient.

(What is O.G.P.?)

.
"B.O.F." wrote in message
. ..
This year for the first time I have been using Superthrive, Nitrozyme &
O.G.P. on my orchids, I would like to think my plants look healthier & I
have certainly noticed increased flower numbers on my Phals. as well as
previously non flowering Phals producing blooms.

Has anyone else used hydroponic additives on their orchids & which ones

do
you use/recommend?

( I am not growing my orchids hydroponically, I use bark chippings.)

Graham

Bacteria additives G Pearce Ponds (moderated) 0 19-07-2007 08:20 PM
Bone meal & Other additives scoops United Kingdom 11 18-11-2006 08:35 PM
Additives B.O.F. Orchids 0 15-10-2004 07:29 PM
Tank additives Arcticvman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 26-05-2004 06:05 AM
Looking for substrate additives pros and cons site. Quazy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 27-01-2004 10:42 AM