Old 20-10-2004, 03:42 PM
wendy7

Hmmm? Thanks Rob, but I have both & use FireFox browser then tried IEx
still just the code?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Rob Halgren wrote:
Wendy wrote:

On 19 Oct 2004 09:27:58 -0700, William Hill wrote:

Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb
shelters with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi there Bill,
All I see too is html code when I click on the hurrican link?
Is there a secret way to view this?

You are all obviously using an HTML compliant browser like Firefox.
Good for you! Spit on the toes of the great emperor and gain some
internet security in the process. I had the same problem. Internet
explorer is renowned for not barfing on poorly formed HTML, it will
display anything. I could see the page in IE. Actually I think it
is a javascript problem, not an HTML problem.

Rob

Old 20-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Rob Halgren

wendy7 wrote:

Hmmm? Thanks Rob, but I have both & use FireFox browser then tried IEx
still just the code?

Could be. I didn't have a problem viewing it with IE. That's
version 6.0, service pack2 on an XP. All of those little bits are
important, because although it is easy to write javascript, it is hard
(very hard) to write it so that it works with all versions of all
browsers. It has to be worth a lot of money to you (say, if you're
amazon.com or ebay) to go through that much trouble. Most places (my
workplace included) just try to support the most common browsers (we do
mozilla/firefox and IE).

This is why any website I actually work on for my own purposes
sticks to plain HTML tags and maybe a CGI script or two. It is boring.
But I'm boring. Don't need dancing bears or singing frogs (that would
be cool, actually), and most people forgive you if you don't have slick
graphics as long as you give them information in a useable manner. If I
need the fancy stuff I hire a professional (or my coworker, who is a
prodigy with that sort of stuff). Besides, I don't even have time to
repot, when am I going to work on the website? *grin*

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 20-10-2004, 04:15 PM
wendy7

Yes I have the version 6.0, service pack2 on an XP?
Rob, I noticed that when I clicked on the "Hurrican" link this is
what was the-
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Hurricane

I tried adding /html, but nada,nill,nix,nothing,zilch,zero?
I so badly want to see the hurrican pics?

Old 20-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Rob Halgren

wendy7 wrote:

Yes I have the version 6.0, service pack2 on an XP?
Rob, I noticed that when I clicked on the "Hurrican" link this is
what was the-
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Hurricane

I tried adding /html, but nada,nill,nix,nothing,zilch,zero?
I so badly want to see the hurrican pics?

Why yes, I am a bioinformatician... This should work. I haven't
checked them all, but the first one does.

http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Images/Thumb16.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Images/Thumb22.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/I...Thumb%2015.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/I...Thumb%2021.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/I...Thumb%2017.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Images/Thumb18.jpg
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Images/Thumb27.jpg

Old 20-10-2004, 04:48 PM
wendy7

Thanks bunches, my bioinformatician internet news group friend!
It was worth the look what distruction!
So sad for Bill, he has his work cut out.
Speaking of, we have
had rain here for 3 nights in sunny, dry S.Calif. but gales were
blowing last night, sounded like plastic corrugated sheets have
come loose, wind howling, raining now & have to go check on my
babies.

Old 20-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Kenni Judd

Wendy, I have no idea why you're having trouble seeing Bill's Hurricane
Page -- it comes up fine for me. Can you get to the other Pages on his
site? Kenni

PS - I posted just one of my hurricane photos over on abpo, but I think it's
dropped off by now.

"Wendy" wrote in message
On 19 Oct 2004 09:27:58 -0700, William Hill wrote:

Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb shelters
with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi there Bill,
All I see too is html code when I click on the hurrican link?
Is there a secret way to view this?
--

Replace seven with 7, for email reply

Cheers Wendy

Old 20-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Dave Sheehy

Tom Randy ) wrote:
: On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:27:58 -0700, William Hill wrote:

: Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
: 30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
: http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
: posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb shelters
: with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

: I get nothing but HTML code....

Nothing left but HTML code? Those were some pretty nasty hurricanes! :-) :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dave

Old 21-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:46:41 -0400, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

Wendy, I have no idea why you're having trouble seeing Bill's Hurricane
Page -- it comes up fine for me. Can you get to the other Pages on his
site? Kenni

PS - I posted just one of my hurricane photos over on abpo, but I think it's
dropped off by now.

I could not see them either and I usually don't have any
problems. Rob's thumbnail directory addresses worked well.

Good Luck to all who are working on righting their gh, Rob
included.

Rob, you did hear the ski season has started in Colorado.
Loveland Ski area opened last weekend. How far behind can
Michigan be?
SuE
Old 21-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Susan Erickson

wrote:

Wendy, I have no idea why you're having trouble seeing Bill's Hurricane
Page -- it comes up fine for me. Can you get to the other Pages on his
site? Kenni

PS - I posted just one of my hurricane photos over on abpo, but I think it's
dropped off by now.

I could not see them either and I usually don't have any
problems. Rob's thumbnail directory addresses worked well.

Good Luck to all who are working on righting their gh, Rob
included.

Rob, you did hear the ski season has started in Colorado.
Loveland Ski area opened last weekend. How far behind can
Michigan be?
SuE

Reason we still direct seed is that our direct-seeded tomatoes harvest earlier than the transplanted ones Bill[_13_] Gardening 9 06-05-2008 04:37 AM
OT Hurricanes ~ janj JJsPond.us Ponds 13 21-07-2005 03:25 AM
hurricanes and your safety (Florida!) John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 10 14-01-2005 04:19 PM
2 hurricanes; direct hits in 3 weeks William Hill Orchids 0 19-10-2004 05:27 PM
Hurricanes and fish Roy Lasris Ponds (alternative) 2 03-10-2003 10:02 AM