Old 14-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Schom. lyonsii culture

All,

At our OS meeting on Tuesday I found myself the lucky winner of both an
equitant Oncidium and a five pseudobulb division of Schom. lyonsii. I've
been flirting with Schoms for a year or so, and now here one is.

From what I have been able to dig up, this will be a big plant with
extremely tall spikes (pretty flower, too). So far, the advice I have been
given on Schoms is high light, lots of water, and feed with the Vandas. I
have read that mounting is a good idea, but these guys get so big, and also
mounts are hard to show.

How about potted in Aliflor, or my favorite Catt mix, river rock and
Aliflor? What say you all?

Golly, it's good to be thinking about something other than insurance
adjusters and broken fingers!

TIA

Diana