Old 10-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Brian Vogel

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message ...

BV:
Are you suggesting an undiluted application with a brush?

YIKES! NO! You need to dilute to the appropriate recommendations for a 75%
acephate product

I didn't do an undiluted application. I had forgotten
just how strong this stuff smells even at 3 Tbls/gal of water.
You just *know* you're using insecticide.

Also, if you have already used Isotox [the active ingredient of which is
acephate], then you should use something different next time.

I had been, but hadn't done the scrubbing. It worked wonders
on "hard" scale, but just rolled off the "soft" stuff. They're waxy
little beasts!

Oils are good
if your weather is cool Other prospects are Sevin, Malathion, Cygon ...

I ended up doing a complete Isotox drench, roots included,
after the scrubbing. I hope that works. All of the (previously,
I hope) infected plants are now in the "intensive care" ward at
my office. I'm just hoping that none of the others at home have
nascent cases that just aren't big enough to show yet.

I could cry over what happened to my LC Tainan City 'General'
from the little beasts. I had been nursing this plant back to health
for several years and they just decimated it. I'm down to two pseudobulbs,
only one of which is completely green/healthy, and a limited root system.
I just hope it lives.

Thanks Again,
Brian