Old 05-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Al

I would have though the word was "flout" not flog. But I should talk:
somebody will to flout me with a wench. ...or flog me with one. That
might be fun, though probably not for the wench.

I have adjusted my header so my comments are only going to this newsgroup
alone (rec.gardens.orchids), rather then being cross-posted to four
newsgroups simultaneously. Even in this newsgroup some of us are more
aware then others of how long and deep the history of some participants go.
But I know that there must be lots of people in rec.gardens who don't have
any idea where any of this is coming from. When they say, "not here please"
they are not speaking of "Here"

And you have to forgive some of us for not joining in often enough to make
it look like we are participating. Believe me there are only so many orchid
questions and answers and comments and even this flare-up is a repeat to
some of us. But to those of you for whom all of this is new: have fun.

If I have to I will squeeze into my old purple spandex wrestling leotard and
step into the ring with you orchid newsgroup yearlings but I assure you that
I have grown considerably larger and though it may be made of a highly
stretchable fabric, the resulting explosion from a rip probably won't be as
humorous as it promises to be at first glance.

I know it is possible that nobody but me cares what my opinion is but I
share it anyway (if somewhat obscurely) because I like to type. And, yes, I
know what I am smoking isn't doing me any good either. I know that if I am
not having fun in the flames here I am at a disadvantage and should get out
fast. I also know that when I get tired of the non-orchid related subject
matter being discussed I have filters that can make it disappear and when I
turn them on it will seem as if I am gone but really it will be you all who
are gone.

In the mean time, in case I need it, I am going to go shake out the wresling
leotard and give it a good once over. If it should explode I don't want
nobody hit in the eye with a moth ball.

If you are reading this, you have read too far.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:58 AM
J Fortuna

Since I think some apologies are called for, I will start:

My apologies to rec.gardens and alt.binaries.pictures.gardens for continuing
this thread in all four groups -- I did not realize until a moment ago that
this thread went to 4 groups.

Most of the participants thus far have been regulars in rec.gardens.orchids
and alt.binaries.pictures.orchids (but I don't know how many or how few of
us hang in the other groups as well). Since I do not frequent the other
groups, I would not have replied to all groups if I had realized before that
all four groups were receiving this thread.

This is my last post to this thread.

Joanna

"Frank ess" wrote in message
not here, please?

Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 AM
Lady Blacksword

I didn't realize there was cross posting till just now when Joanna said
something.
I likewise apologize.
Murri

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Since I think some apologies are called for, I will start:

My apologies to rec.gardens and alt.binaries.pictures.gardens for

continuing
this thread in all four groups -- I did not realize until a moment ago

that
this thread went to 4 groups.

Most of the participants thus far have been regulars in

rec.gardens.orchids
and alt.binaries.pictures.orchids (but I don't know how many or how few of
us hang in the other groups as well). Since I do not frequent the other
groups, I would not have replied to all groups if I had realized before

that
all four groups were receiving this thread.

This is my last post to this thread.

Joanna

"Frank ess" wrote in message
not here, please?

Old 05-11-2004, 06:39 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:44:48 -0500, "Al"
wrote:

In the mean time, in case I need it, I am going to go shake out the wresling
leotard and give it a good once over. If it should explode I don't want
nobody hit in the eye with a moth ball.

If you are reading this, you have read too far.

Sounds like we have a new generation going to the war.
Loved reading to this point. It was well worth a good laugh.
For the 'yearlings' not all of us Old Timers answer as many
questions as we used to. But then you don't always comment when
we do post. So we let you answer and only pop up when it is new,
interesting, or someone has taken a header into the swamp and no
one has rescued them.

I for one wish Prem would learn not to cross post to the world.
He never posts to less than 2 newsgroups at a time.
SuE

Old 05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
J. Del Col

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message ...
*grin* Sorry, I tend to type the way I speak when I'm ticked off, and I was
avoiding using "a*ses".

It was certainly better than "Trundle your buns."

J. Del Col