Old 01-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Sarah

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

"prem_s" wrote in message
I have compiled a 2005 wall calendar featuring my species orchid
photography.

http://www.cafepress.com/speciesorchs006

this is in addition to the FL native orchids calendar posted earlier:

http://www.cafepress.com/nativeorchs001

---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products:
http://www.premdesign.com/orchidpics/

Old 02-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Som

Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Som

Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Som

Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
K Barrett

I know, next he'll plead innocent that he didn't realize it was advertising,
he only wanted to show how neat his calendars are.
K Barrett

"Som" wrote in message
om...
Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
K Barrett

"Som" wrote in message
om...
Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
K Barrett

"Som" wrote in message
om...
Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Al

Warning: nondenominational comment ahead:
CafePress.com is the same company that Max (remember her) used to make her
orchid coffee mugs and cards. It is an interesting business model for
people who have pictures that can be put on things like calendars and cards
and t-shirts and coffee mugs and shoes horns and teddy bears and soup cans.
I still have my "Usual Suspects" mug. I went to cafe press and typed
"orchids" into the site search looking for her mugs to see if she was still
doing it. There were 100 pages of orchid related products. Some of them
looked pretty neat. I saw an "I Love Orchids" license plate holder as I was
paging down. :-) and more cards and calendars and mugs than there are
orchid species.... :-)

"Som" wrote in message
om...
Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Al

"Som" wrote in message
om...
Wow! what a great way to advertise your products for free!!...

"Sarah" wrote in message

It's beautiful, Prem!

Sarah

Old 02-11-2004, 07:06 AM
prem_s

K Barrett wrote:
I know, next he'll plead innocent that he didn't realize it was advertising,
he only wanted to show how neat his calendars are.
K Barrett

Actually, I'll do no such thing...I was indeed advertising the
presence of my calendar to people who've seen my orchid
photography for a number of years. There's been a
long-standing (long before Mr./Ms./Mrs. Barrett showed up)
tradition on (at least) rec.gardens.orchids that posting a
URL to something new and interesting (like an update to your
own plant listing if you're a commercial vendor) is not
out-of-bounds. Posting the contents of your plant listing,
or posting the details of your orchid-related item
(specifications, price, etc.), directly to the nesgroup, on
the other hand, would be crossing the line.

Hence, since I did not cross this line on r.g.o, I see no reason to
apologize or excuse my actions. Now, if I've violated the
charters of the other newsgroups to which I've posted (of
which I'm admittedly less aware), then I would gladly offer
my sincere apologies for any offense caused.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Ray

I think folks were just pulling your leg, Prem.

You're absolutely right about the long-standing tradition. For the first
several years in the existence of my business, posts here stating stuff like
"I just added some new plants. Go to the URL below, if you're interested in
seeing them." was my ONLY form of advertising, and the participants of this
group have always been very supportive.

..