GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/85914-need-help.html)

rob 02-11-2004 10:44 PM

need help

hi everyone
who can help me to identify this orchids:
http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rob...ead1/my_photos
thank you
rob

Bob Walsh 02-11-2004 11:14 PM

rob,

The first is probably a Maxillaria. I don't know which one but you can go to
this site and look through the species to see if yours is among them.
http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexmast-max.htm .

The second looks to me like a Sophronitis. Go to
http://www.orchidspecies.com/sophronitiscernura.htm .

Someone else may have a closer ID for you but these are places to start.

Bob
om...

wendy7 02-11-2004 11:46 PM

Hi there Rob, the 2nd one is Sophronitis cernua. My one just finished
blooming. You have a nice size specimen with lots of flowers.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Bob Walsh 03-11-2004 02:52 AM

Rob,

I think Prem is a right. I should have looked at the pseudobulb. This is
maybe closer to what you have.
http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexjkl.htm#sec9

Bob

prem_s 03-11-2004 03:01 AM

rob wrote:
hi everyone
who can help me to identify this orchids:
http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rob...ead1/my_photos
thank you
rob

the first looks like a Lycaste to me.
--
---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products: