GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Regarding K Barrett's accusation. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/86089-regarding-k-barretts-accusation.html)

prem_s 06-11-2004 08:42 PM

Regarding K Barrett's accusation.

K Barrett has made the insinuation:

"Prem never comes here except to flog [sic] his stupid wares,
so put that in your pipe and smoke it MURRI."

so I felt it necessary to set the record straight. Looking at the
google newsgroup archive, I posted 28 times during the past year.
Of those posts:

3 are posts regarding commercial products.

2 were replies on those threads

Total number of commercial item related posts: 5

1 was an invitation to my gallery (which, although I do offer prints
for sale, no one has ever bought one, so it remains an entirely
educational resource on the web)...hence, I would not regard this
as a commercial post.

2 were a reply to this thread.

1 was a survey request regarding my photos

1 was a posting of the results of that survey.

Total number of posts that might be deemed commercial by the
most militant anti-capitalist: 5

So, we have between 5 and 10 postings that might be deemed
commercial in nature.

1 was a request for a date for an orchid show posted by Kenni Judd.

2 were clarifications regarding newsgroup etiquette

1 was a question about an orchid's id

8 were answers to questions about orchid id, orchid anatomy, and orchid
culture

6 were educational postings including links to photographs
and information about orchid species and/or native orchids.

That makes 18 posts of a strictly non-commercial nature.

So, the percentage of times that one could say I "flog" (sic) my
wares is 17 percent. Hardly close to Mr./Mrs./Ms. Barrett's
accusation.

Were one to expand the sampling to the alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
newsgroup, the overwhelming majority (95% or more) of posts that
I have done there were photos, replies to others' photo postings,
etc. Only three posts were of a commercial nature.

--
---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products:

K Barrett 07-11-2004 06:33 AM

Wow!! 28 posts in a year!! You really contribute here don't you? I notice
you keep your sales link in your sig.

I will not respond further on this thread. I know the more controversy you
generate only increases traffic to your site.

K Barrett