Old 17-11-2004, 04:18 PM
K Barrett

Default OGD?

The last OGD I got was 11/15, number 267... has anyone else gotten one
since?

Boy, I really *am* a junkie....

K Barrett

Old 17-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Steve

Same here, though if you look closer you will see it is number 467. Now
you know they didn't cut just you off 2 days ago. ;-)

Steve

Old 18-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Myrmecodia

"K Barrett" wrote in message news:nRKmd.417802$D%.295182@attbi_s51...
The last OGD I got was 11/15, number 267... has anyone else gotten one
since?

Boy, I really *am* a junkie....

K Barrett

If you go here; http://www.potto-webdesign.com/mailman/public/orchids/
you will find an archive of OGD postings. That will help you
determine if there is a glitch in your receipt of the digests or if
things have just been slow. It's also great for reading old messages

Looking at the messages, I don't think I have received anything since
Monday either. Maybe there is a glitch.

Nick
Old 18-11-2004, 04:21 PM
K Barrett

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
m...

If you go here; http://www.potto-webdesign.com/mailman/public/orchids/
you will find an archive of OGD postings. That will help you
determine if there is a glitch in your receipt of the digests or if
things have just been slow. It's also great for reading old messages

Looking at the messages, I don't think I have received anything since
Monday either. Maybe there is a glitch.

Nick

Or Kenneth is on vacation.

K Barrett

Old 18-11-2004, 04:26 PM
K Barrett

Wellll, there must be a glitch because people are still posting I saw some
dated 11/18... so i should resubsrcibe, I guess.

Grrr

Old 18-11-2004, 08:39 PM
kenty ;-\)

Sorry if this is a dumb Q, what is OGD?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 19-11-2004, 01:53 AM
Myrmecodia

"K Barrett" wrote in message news:N24nd.627920$8_6.231543@attbi_s04...
Wellll, there must be a glitch because people are still posting I saw some
dated 11/18... so i should resubsrcibe, I guess.

Grrr

K Barrett

I don't think its a problem with your subscription.

People are still posting, but I don't think the messages are getting
back out. I posted one of those messages, but I haven't received a
digest since 11/15 either. I'm hoping Kenneth is just on vacation and
hasn't had an opportunity to fix the propagation problem. Hopefully
OGD won't just vaporize the way the OLD did.

Nick
Old 19-11-2004, 02:23 AM
K Barrett

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
om...
"K Barrett" wrote in message

Wellll, there must be a glitch because people are still posting I saw

some
dated 11/18... so i should resubsrcibe, I guess.

Grrr

K Barrett

I don't think its a problem with your subscription.

People are still posting, but I don't think the messages are getting
back out. I posted one of those messages, but I haven't received a
digest since 11/15 either. I'm hoping Kenneth is just on vacation and
hasn't had an opportunity to fix the propagation problem. Hopefully
OGD won't just vaporize the way the OLD did.

Nick

Ah! OK, nice to know I'm not alone. I resubscribed to the mailserver and
emailed Kenneth anyway. I wonder if a worm got to it? Remember how many
times odd emails with just smileys showed up? Supposedly it was
bulletproof, but nothing's bulletproof....
K Barrett

Old 19-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Rob Halgren

Myrmecodia wrote:

I don't think its a problem with your subscription.

People are still posting, but I don't think the messages are getting
back out. I posted one of those messages, but I haven't received a
digest since 11/15 either. I'm hoping Kenneth is just on vacation and
hasn't had an opportunity to fix the propagation problem. Hopefully
OGD won't just vaporize the way the OLD did.

Nick

It wasn't my recollection that OLD vaporized... It drifted for a
little while seeking moderation and a new home, and then metamorphosed
into OGD. I wouldn't worry too much about OGD, Kenneth is probably on
vacation or something. Or perhaps people are just quiet.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 19-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Steve

The web site should answer all of your questions:

Steve

Old 19-11-2004, 07:45 PM
K Barrett

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Myrmecodia wrote:

I don't think its a problem with your subscription.

People are still posting, but I don't think the messages are getting
back out. I posted one of those messages, but I haven't received a
digest since 11/15 either. I'm hoping Kenneth is just on vacation and
hasn't had an opportunity to fix the propagation problem. Hopefully
OGD won't just vaporize the way the OLD did.

Nick

It wasn't my recollection that OLD vaporized... It drifted for a
little while seeking moderation and a new home, and then metamorphosed
into OGD. I wouldn't worry too much about OGD, Kenneth is probably on
vacation or something. Or perhaps people are just quiet.

Rob

Nono, Willis Dair just stopped publishing one day. No one knows where he
is, or why he stopped. (I assume it just wasn't fun anymore, LOL!!) It was
down for a series of months. Then (IIRC) it was - sheesh the fellow who is
doing the flasking for free... argh, I can't remember his name, started
talking to folks about restarting the list - at that time you could go to
listserv majordomo and get the whole subscriber list. I was priviledged to
be part of the group talking about the feasibility of restarting the list.
At one time Lois Greer and I were talking about restarting it. Luckily,
Kenneth stepped forward and began the OGD list.

But Nick is right. If you go to the archives you can see that people are
still posting, but they aren't being sent out.

K Barrett

Old 19-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Rob Halgren

Nono, Willis Dair just stopped publishing one day. No one knows where he
is, or why he stopped. (I assume it just wasn't fun anymore, LOL!!) It was
down for a series of months. Then (IIRC) it was - sheesh the fellow who is
doing the flasking for free... argh, I can't remember his name, started
talking to folks about restarting the list - at that time you could go to
listserv majordomo and get the whole subscriber list. I was priviledged to
be part of the group talking about the feasibility of restarting the list.
At one time Lois Greer and I were talking about restarting it. Luckily,
Kenneth stepped forward and began the OGD list.

Shows you how much I pay attention to these kinds of things... I
don't remember any of that. I remember a bunch of arguing about stupid
stuff (oh wait, maybe that was last month), and then it went away for a
while and came back. Don't remember the restarting discussion, although
I probably volunteered to do it myself. Aaron Hicks probably did
too... We are both stupid that way. I'm glad somebody else took up
the gauntlet, I don't even tie my shoes in the morning anymore because I
don't have time for it.

Someday I'll have to google that episode.

But Nick is right. If you go to the archives you can see that people are
still posting, but they aren't being sent out.

I'm sure it will sort itself out. Always does.

Old 19-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:18:28 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

The last OGD I got was 11/15, number 267... has anyone else gotten one
since?

Boy, I really *am* a junkie....

K Barrett

I just received OGD Vol 6, Issue 468 a few minutes ago, so it looks
like the list is working again.

deg
Old 19-11-2004, 10:30 PM
K Barrett

wrote:

The last OGD I got was 11/15, number 267... has anyone else gotten one
since?

Boy, I really *am* a junkie....

K Barrett

I just received OGD Vol 6, Issue 468 a few minutes ago, so it looks
like the list is working again.

deg

Same here, my craving is eased.

K Barrett