Old 21-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Dewitt

Default Semi-hyro, phrags, poor water

I've been avoiding phrags due to the high mineral level of local tap
water, but wonder if semi-hydro culture would help compensate for
that. Or maybe it would make the problem worse. Anybody have any
thoughts on growing phrags in high mineral level water?

deg
Old 21-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Dave S

Phrags LOVE semi-hydro. Before I started using RO I used to grow them
in very hard water with no problems, but I did flush the pots through
monthly with distilled. It might depend on the exact chemical
breakdown of your water. Most Phrags like plenty of calcium.
Dave

Old 21-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Anvy Owens

Does Path's also do well in s/h??

Mimi

Old 21-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Ray

If you mean paphs (paphiopedilums), absolutely! The original
experimentation in the development of semi-hydroponics was done with paphs.

..
"Anvy Owens" wrote in message
.. .
Does Path's also do well in s/h??

Mimi

Old 30-11-2004, 01:38 PM
RPM1

Anvy Owens
Does Path's also do well in s/h??

Do you mean Paphs? If so, mine are loving s/h!
So does every other orchid here. s/h rocks!
pun intended

Ruth CM