Old 22-11-2004, 05:57 PM
kmathec604

Default Phalaenopsis orchid

Help!. If you look at the attached photo- you will see that somehow- don't
ask me how- I have three plants (triplets) growing off the same node of the
stalk of a Phalaenopsis orchid.

I am concerned because the middle plant is now starting to shrivel...

If anyone can offer some advice I would be very appreciative-

Katherine

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tripletsnov.jpg (64.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 22-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Mick Fournier

Katherine,

Look around on this newsgroup... besides one other inconsiderate moron (now
recovering nicely, who has been rebuked already) do you see anyone else
posting up graphic pictures to this newsgroup? No. Do you know why that
is? Because tradition dictates that newbies (and regulars) don't choke this
newsgroup with their slow-loading stupid inane photographs. This is a
newsgroup of words and ideas not photographs.

In the future show a little consideration and don't be so rude next time.

Photos belong on the newsgroup
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
not here... regardless of your concern over normal simple occurring kiekis.

Mick

===================================

Old 22-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Dewitt

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:10:40 -0500, "Mick Fournier"
wrote:

In the future show a little consideration and don't be so rude next time.

Dear Resident Ogre,

Like your email isn't rude?

deg
Old 22-11-2004, 08:12 PM
danny

That was relatively tame, Mick must be in a good mood today.
-danny

Old 22-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Mick Fournier

Danny,

Yeah, I am in a fairly good mood today even though I was forced to rebuild
the bottom pan on one of my laminar flow transfer hoods this morning. I
guess I am happily looking forward to the upcoming holiday weekend and I
thoroughly enjoyed ABC's Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal on TV last
night. It's refreshing to see something intelligent like that on TV
nowadays. Those have to be the two best TV programs of the year by far.
Plus I am glad the US dollar is loosing value against other international
currencies... it makes American orchids/flasks cheaper for foreigners to buy
on the world market. I just bagged a nice $2400 flask order from Taiwan
this weekend. Bush may say he wants a strong dollar but secretly I think he
really likes it cheap also. Yeah, I am in good mood.

Mick

==================

.. .

Old 22-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Al

yes. A weak dollar will put Americans back to work. They won't be able to
buy anything they haven't made themselves, but they will have a job.

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

.. .

Old 23-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Mick Fournier

Al,

That's OK.

In reality we certainly can produce everything in America that we
"gosh-darn" need. And we can/do make good stuff. Plus a little
isolationism thrown into the equation wouldn't hurt us either... it might
even toughen us back up and reinvigorate us as Americans. In the same vein
I also say let someone else straighten out the world's problems for awhile
with "their" so-called stronger currency. That loudmouth, big nose,
mettle-ing Chirac and his portion of EU French-ass-licking lackeys/cohorts
would be my first choice.

America could use a cooling off breather anyways now.

Mick

======================

Old 23-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Xi Wang

Whoa, someone's deficient in serotonin today. The person was a newbie,
as you stated, so they probably didn't know about the 'no posting of
pictures' rule. Your, much ruder, email was unsolicited. Perhaps at
this point I should verbally insult you for not knowing the Laws of
Thermodynamics (There are 4 by the way, many only know 3, if even that
many)? Why, how ignorant of you!

My advice: chillax! Go for a walk or something, and definitely up your
tryptophan intake. And switch to a faster internet connection. The
reason your PC gets choked with downloads has nothing to do with the
picture, it's your connection. For me, the picture came up instantly.

And to Katherine, I apologize. Most people in this group are very nice
most of the time to most people under most circumstances....mostly.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 23-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Mick Fournier

Xi,

Eat shit. We don't all live in the big city (like you) where DSL is
available or even a choice. Just because "your" connection downloads fast
does not mean everyone else's connection is superior like yours.

Mick

Old 23-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Mick Fournier

Al,

Ha-ha... you are a jewel.

Mick

PS, be sure to use steam injection to make it more soupy if you have to go
deep.

Old 23-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Xi Wang

That's not really my problem now is it? Point is, the newbie didn't
know about the posting rules and it's not her fault, just like you don't
live in a big city with broadband which isn't your fault. With regard
to eating shit, do you realize that while in your mom's womb, you
probably drink a number of litres of your own urine? You'd be surprised
the kinds of things they teach in med school these days. If you would
like to know some more interesting and gross facts about your body, do
tell me.

PS. I don't know what chemical is responsible for one's abilitiy to
decipher sarcasm, but apparently you're running low on that too amongst
other things.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 23-11-2004, 11:14 AM
GARLAND HANSON

Broadband is ALWAYS a choice! Try looking into a satellite system. You'll
be writing it off as a business expense anyway!
Garland