Old 27-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Dada

Default Pelatantheria ctenoglossa

Hi everyone:

I would like some input on what potting media is best for Pelatantheria
ctenoglossa. I have had limited success growing this species in cork bark
and am planning to transfer it to a pot or basket maybe.

Thanks

Dada.

Old 28-11-2004, 07:41 AM
prem_s

Dada wrote:
Hi everyone:

I would like some input on what potting media is best for Pelatantheria
ctenoglossa. I have had limited success growing this species in cork bark
and am planning to transfer it to a pot or basket maybe.

I grow mine mounted on a piece of bark. During the late spring,
summer, and early autumn months, it gets whatever the weather is
outdoors...usually amounting to daily shots of moisture due to
afternoon showers and morning dew. It gets bright light...nearly
full sunlight, which tends to turn the leaves reddish, and warm
temperatures.

In winter, I bring it indoors and put it in a south-facing
window (for folks in the southern hemisphere, this would need
to be a north-facing window) and try my best to keep up with
watering...it does look a little crinkled of leaf by the time
it's set back outside in the spring, though...a few weeks
outdoors and it's plump as ever.

--
---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products:

Pelatantheria insectifera John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 16-05-2007 04:31 PM
Pelatantheria ctenoglossum John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 16-05-2007 04:31 PM
Pelatantheria ctenoglossa Dada Orchids 0 27-11-2004 05:01 PM
A cute miniatu Pelatantheria ctenoglossa prem_s Orchids 2 27-11-2004 12:06 AM