Old 23-11-2004, 03:55 PM
TS

Default Ocean State Orchid Show- photos

The Ocean State Orchid Society put on a show this weekend in East
Greenwich, RI. Last year was the first time I went to a show- it was at
the Rhode Island Mall. Last years show was bigger, and had better
displays in my opinion. There were more plants to by as well.
That said, this year was still fun- and right near my house. I went
first thing Sat morning and bought a few select plants. I mainly bought
from one vendor- Pippin Orchids. I picked up 2 paphs, an oncidium (cool
lavender looking- dont have the name here at work), and my first phrag-
a huge plant with 2 heads (one fell off Saturday night for some reason).
I ended up going back later in the day and bought 2 more paphs and
another phrag, and one more oncidium.
So I ended up with 4 new paphs, 2 phrags, and 2 oncidiums. The coolest
thing I bought was a pump mister that screws onto a 2 liter soda bottle.
Works great!

Lots of people there all day on Saturday- I am sure the vendors did
great. I saw a lot of rich E. Greenwich women with their Amex cards out
=)
I also took a bunch of photos. Follow the link to the "Flowers" section
and sort by date to see the latest photos- or just click on "Last
Uploads"
Enjoy!

http://eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/link.asp?L=102399