Old 28-11-2004, 07:08 PM
K Barrett

Default Ceiling fan in gh?

I have a ceiling fan going 24/7. Just a cheapie that I got from Home Depot.
I got a cheapie because I figured the ambient humidity would cause the motor
to crap out in no time flat. Of couse - upon reflection - this is probably
the *only* original piece of equipment in my gh, LOL!

The idea was to bring the hot air down, like you say, but then many of my
friends convinced me to change to what's called HAF or Horizontal Air Flow,
where fans move the air down the length of the greenhouse, the air current
hits the far wall, turns and heads back the other way, making the flow in a
longitudinal fashion rather than vertically , as we are used to.

I have 2 large floor fans that move the cool floor air down the length of
the floor, then turns up across the ceiling and back down. That's the
theory anyway. Since implementing thhe HAF I've gotten less spotting on
leaves.

I still have the ceiling fan going 24/7, bringing air down, so maybe the
airflow actually is a crazy mix of movement. LOL!

So, now that you are as confused as I am, my only real advice would be to
buy a cheapie, and get one with large blades to move the most air as
possible.

K Barrett

"Lori Siegmund" wrote in message
om...
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone use ceiling fans in their gh's to help push down and
circulate warm air from winter heating? If so, what type do you use?

Thanks,
Lori

I Can't turn off my ceiling fan Charlie Bress Gardening 49 01-08-2004 10:39 AM
I Can't turn off my ceiling fan Lawns 21 01-08-2004 10:39 AM
can you substitute 10-30 fo 10w in a ceiling fan? Jon and Cindy Lawns 2 26-07-2004 06:02 AM
Can't turn off my ceiling fan Lawns 4 23-07-2004 07:02 PM
I Can't turn off my ceiling fan Gardening 0 23-07-2004 01:25 PM