Old 28-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Reka

Default Training Catts and Dens

I am getting sick of some of my plants looking so straggly. What do you
guys do with your straggly Dens and Catts (before they can get
straggly)? Do you stake each growth separately?
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 28-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Reka,

LTNT!

Depends on the plant. For some of the Catts and Dends, a metal ring (that
attaches to the pot) does the trick and brings things into the center. On
the other hand, we have some Dends that are really rangy, and those we stake
individually.

Diana

Old 29-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Diana Kulaga

I believe Diana means ring stakes the below URL shows a picture of them
and
it was just the first one I found to show pictures. Note it clips to the
pot. (next to last on page)
http://www.orchidmix.com/cat8.htm

Exactly right! Best used when repotting, but it's possible to slide them
over existing plantings in most cases.

Reka, the fingers - thanks for asking. I'm not sure you want to know the
answer, though!

Diana

Blooming Size Cats, Dens and Phals gerald Orchids 12 13-04-2007 02:54 AM
When to resume watering dens? kenty;\) Orchids 2 05-01-2006 09:03 PM
repotting paphs (and Catts) J Fortuna Orchids 2 09-07-2005 07:12 PM
Training Catts and Dens Reka Orchids 2 29-11-2004 10:23 PM
Den. Golden Fantasy & 'Calista' Dens Diana Kulaga Orchids 0 06-01-2004 10:27 PM