Old 04-12-2004, 04:51 AM

Default Need help to get a orchid to bloom.

Peter, how bout moving it to an east window maybe it needs more
light than what it's getting........Burr

Old 04-12-2004, 09:09 AM
kenty ;-\)

Peter,I have a similar problem with Phal Liodora,I got the plant at the
same time as a friend,both plants then were in flower with about the same
size everything.Both plants started new spikes ,but for some reason mine
stopped,after just appearing about 5mm,it started after about 2 month and
has know reached only 20mm.My friends however,has reached about 500mm & is
about to flower & has another spike growing!So the last month it has been at
the lightest end of the greenhouse.Also he keeps his greenhouse temp min
60f,and raises the temp to 70f and above with a heater ,with or without the
suns help.Were as I have been keeping a 60 min and letting the sun do the
rest.So my greenhouse really is just ticking over .
So maybe more light & temp to kick start it.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:09:23 GMT, "kenty ;-\)"
wrote:

Peter,I have a similar problem with Phal Liodora,I got the plant at the
same time as a friend,both plants then were in flower with about the same
size everything.Both plants started new spikes ,but for some reason mine
stopped,after just appearing about 5mm,it started after about 2 month and
has know reached only 20mm.My friends however,has reached about 500mm & is
about to flower & has another spike growing!So the last month it has been at
the lightest end of the greenhouse.Also he keeps his greenhouse temp min
60f,and raises the temp to 70f and above with a heater ,with or without the
suns help.Were as I have been keeping a 60 min and letting the sun do the
rest.So my greenhouse really is just ticking over .
So maybe more light & temp to kick start it.

I would suspect it is more a case of warmth than light. With
leaves of a lighter green, it sounds like it is getting enough
light. The light, water, fertilizer balance needs to be kept in
mind. If you increase one you have to increase the others to
balance. But warmth or lack of it can stop things cold. G
Even a few degrees particularly at night.
SuE