Old 09-12-2004, 10:41 PM
orchidsarecool

Default orchid of the month: haleahi or kawamoto?

Hello Orchid Enthusiasts!

I wonder if you may be able to help me. I would like to enroll my mom
in an orchid-of-the-month club as a christmas present. I've found two
that look interesting:

Haleahi (http://www.haleahi.com/)

Kawamoto (http://www.kawamotoorchids.com/)

Can anyone comment if one is better than the other? Thanks so much for
your time!

Old 09-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Rob Halgren

orchidsarecool wrote:

Hello Orchid Enthusiasts!

I wonder if you may be able to help me. I would like to enroll my mom
in an orchid-of-the-month club as a christmas present. I've found two
that look interesting:

Haleahi (http://www.haleahi.com/)

Kawamoto (http://www.kawamotoorchids.com/)

Can anyone comment if one is better than the other? Thanks so much for
your time!

Don't have any opinions on those, but I do know that Hausermanns
(Addison IL, near chicago) has a plant of the month club. Or they did
15 years ago. That is how I got started...

Depending on where you are in the country, you may find a more local
vendor than Hawaii. Shipping might be cheaper. Plants might be more
suited to your region of the world, as well. Just a thought. If you
tell us where your mom lives, I'm sure somebody here will know of a nice
local establishment.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )
Old 10-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Gene Schurg

I can't comment on Haleahi but I visited Kawamoto two years ago when I
visited Hawaii. They have a great operation and the plants are top quality.
If those are your two choices I think Kawamoto is a safe bet.

Your Mom is going to love it.....

Gene

oups.com...