Old 10-12-2004, 02:49 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Help with neofinetia falcata

Can anyone give any advise on how to get neo falcata to flower?The plant is
a friends and is about 12 " high ,he has had it for years but it has never
flowered.He grows intermediatte & feeds with Tomerite liquid fert
(4/4.5/8).His greenhouse gets good light.
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:58 PM
wendy7

Hi Keith, I am not sure about the fertilizer he is using?
Anyway this url is what I go by.
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...ardening/86674

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 10-12-2004, 09:31 PM
kenty ;-\)

Thanks Wendy,Interesting read!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Mick Fournier

Subject the Neofinetia falcata plants to a 20 degree F temperature
differential between day to night for 3 weeks straight. At night place
special frozen chemical plastic freezer packs on a tray, put the pot on the
tray then cover everything with a cheap styrofoam beer cooler. Punch a
turkey temperature probe through the box top to monitor the temperature...
lift and prop the edge of the box up to let warmer ambient air into the
space if needed to keep the temperature right.

Mick

Old 12-12-2004, 04:04 PM
jadel

This is probably going to end up as a new posting, thanks to the bobos
at Google and their "beta" testing,

But in reply to the original message, you say this plant is twelve
inches tall. Are you sure it is Neofinetia falcata? That is
considerably bigger than the old plant I have which grows and flowers
vigorously. Sources list max. size for NF at about 15cm or so. Perhaps
it is a hybrid?

J. Del Col

Old 12-12-2004, 05:09 PM
kenty ;-\)

I thought that when i posted,my friend could possibly have the wrong label
or i could have been looking at a different plant?I will have another look
what the plant is.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
oups.com...