Old 13-12-2004, 07:36 PM

Default bloom life

Now that I've got my phal to rebloom, how long can I expect to see
flowers?

When I bought the plant it was already in bloom, and I don't know what
the shock of moving, adjusting to its new home, etc. did to it. I know
that every plant is different and every environment is different, but
roughly, what duration can I expect?
--Vic

Old 13-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Claude

Hello!

I had Phal who bloomed for few weeks to 9 months!

Usually Phal will bloom for around 1 to 3 months dependins of the cross ,
condition etc... Also, make sure you don`t put any fruits around the plant!

Claude

Old 14-12-2004, 12:53 AM
J Fortuna

Vic,

I am generally happy whenever a Phal blooms for 2 months or more -- though
some of them bloom a bit less, and I have several that have bloomed for 6
months or more.

The same plant might bloom for a different amount of time on two consecutive
bloomings, and I am guessing that that is related to the conditions that it
is in. For example: I have a Dtps Kenneth Schubert that bloomed for a bit
less than two months the previous time and it had only 4 flowers then, and
then it rested for about 7 months, and now it has been in bloom since
08/21/2004, has had opened 13 flowers thus far (some of which have wilted,
but some of which remain), and it still has two or three buds that I think
it intends to open during this flowering season.

The shortest blooming period that I have experienced in any Phal was 1
week -- but that was not a healthy plant; it has gotten healthier since
then, but has not reflowered for me yet.

So as you can see the answer varies enormously, but I use 2 months as my
expectation -- any phal that does not meet this expectation is
underperforming in my opinion.

Best,
Joanna

Old 14-12-2004, 01:18 AM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:53:42 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Joanna and Claude,

When I first bought the plan, its blooms lasted four or five weeks,
but as I said, I don't know what it had been doing before it came home
with me, so I figured it was best not to judge by that experience.

Last night the one open bloom looked a little off. I don't know how to
describe it better. Not quite wiltly, but just a little tired, so
that's what got me wondering. I was starting to think that it might
have a short lived blooming cycle and I might not get to see all the
buds opened at the same time. Tonight, however, it looks just fine
again, so I'm hoping that your two month window is going to apply to
my plant. My fingers are crossed.
--Vic

Old 14-12-2004, 01:18 AM

wrote:

[...]

Bare root strawberries (shelf life, indoor life - to survive in thefrost, ready to plant outside)? gar_newbie Gardening 5 25-03-2009 09:20 PM
bloom life [email protected] Orchids 0 13-12-2004 07:36 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? sam crowell Bonsai 21 12-02-2003 09:25 PM
Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? MainAt Bonsai 1 10-02-2003 04:26 AM