GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How patient should I be? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/87665-how-patient-should-i.html)

Dewitt 14-12-2004 04:43 AM

How patient should I be?

When I repotted a Lycaste aromatica last spring, I potted the oldest
three pseudobulbs, which had few roots, in a mesh pot using sphagnum
and put the pot in a plastic bag. And waited. It's now been about 6
months and there is no sign of any growth. The pseudobulbs are fairly
shriveled but still look OK. How long should I wait before giving
up?

deg

Ray 14-12-2004 11:00 AM

Wait until it grows...it probably will.

I have one acquired through a collection buyout, and this year it basically
did nothing until July, then it grew 3 new growths and had about 15 - 20
blossoms.

..

Susan Erickson 14-12-2004 03:08 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:43:20 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

When I repotted a Lycaste aromatica last spring, I potted the oldest
three pseudobulbs, which had few roots, in a mesh pot using sphagnum
and put the pot in a plastic bag. And waited. It's now been about 6
months and there is no sign of any growth. The pseudobulbs are fairly
shriveled but still look OK. How long should I wait before giving
up?

deg

Until it rots or grows. Things put into 'Bag with Sphagnum'
generally go in one of throes two directions. Good Luck.
SuE

Dewitt 14-12-2004 03:30 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:08:24 -0700, Susan Erickson
wrote:

Until it rots or grows. Things put into 'Bag with Sphagnum'
generally go in one of throes two directions. Good Luck.
SuE

Thanks Ray and Susan. The only thing that seems to be rotting at this
point is the sphagnum which I probably should replace after 6 months
in a plastic bag.

deg