Old 17-12-2004, 05:53 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default aerides falcata Q not neo falcata

I posted a Q last week as follows
Can anyone give any advise on how to get neo falcata to flower?The plant is
a friends and is about 12 " high ,he has had it for years but it has never
flowered.He grows intermediatte & feeds with Tomerite liquid fert
(4/4.5/8).His greenhouse gets good light
The plant is actually aerides falcata and after a second look is bigger than
12 inches,as i have said it has never flowered,any tips?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 17-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:53:42 -0000, "kenty ;-\)"
wrote:

I posted a Q last week as follows
Can anyone give any advise on how to get neo falcata to flower?The plant is
a friends and is about 12 " high ,he has had it for years but it has never
flowered.He grows intermediatte & feeds with Tomerite liquid fert
(4/4.5/8).His greenhouse gets good light
The plant is actually aerides falcata and after a second look is bigger than
12 inches,as i have said it has never flowered,any tips?

I would suggest more light. I generally find that is the problem
with my reluctant bloomers given that I have a drop in temp
between day and night all year long. OGD has recently discussed
reluctant blooms in catts caused by too long a day length.

I have no definite information about this species in particular.
SuE

Old 17-12-2004, 09:10 PM
wendy7

Keith, are you certain it is Aerides falcata? This is a huge
plant with large wide leaves & big pencil sized roots?
Either way, I would try a different fertilizer & higher light.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 17-12-2004, 11:23 PM
kenty ;-\)

His label says it is aerides,it think it must have been light.I think he had
it attached to a bench level tree trunk.In summer he got rid of the
trunk,the plant is now attached to bark hanging a third from the top of the
greenhouse so light shouldn't be the issue now.So I think it needs time to
settle .

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

kenty ;-) wrote:
I posted a Q last week as follows
Can anyone give any advise on how to get neo falcata to flower?The
plant is a friends and is about 12 " high ,he has had it for years
but it has never flowered.He grows intermediatte & feeds with
Tomerite liquid fert (4/4.5/8).His greenhouse gets good light
The plant is actually aerides falcata and after a second look is
bigger than 12 inches,as i have said it has never flowered,any tips?

Aerides falcata v_coerulea Orchid Photos 2 10-06-2008 11:02 PM
Probably not Dendrobium Ursula x Neo-Hawaii Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 6 14-01-2008 09:51 PM
Neo's Robert Lorenzini Orchids 2 08-08-2007 09:07 PM
Dendrobium Ursula x Neo-Hawaii Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 7 06-02-2007 10:11 AM