Old 22-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Dave Gillingham

Default And a Happy Christmas to all from me

Well, as a good friend of mine would have said, it's only three
sleepies and a wakey to go! Despite several very philosophical
discussions held on his front porch, supported by numerous mugs of
coffee while watching the world go by, I was never able to get an
explanation of why there were n sleepies, but only one wakey
mentioned.

I haven't been posting here & to abpo for even a year yet - it feels
I've been part of the community for much longer. Thank you all for
making me welcome. And also, profuse thanks to those who have helped
when I had a query.

To everyone, on behalf of Ann & myself, our very best wishes for the
Christmas season. Whatever your belief, may your God watch over you.
If no such belief, may your festive season be one of relaxation &
pleasure with family and/or friends.

For all, may 2005 be a year with fewer threats and stresses than some
recent years. Especially for those in south east USA & the tornado
belt, may the weather be kinder. And, in any case, may your orchids
bring you great joy.
Dave Gillingham
Old 22-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Reka

Dave Gillingham wrote:

To everyone, on behalf of Ann & myself, our very best wishes for the
Christmas season. Whatever your belief, may your God watch over you.
If no such belief, may your festive season be one of relaxation &
pleasure with family and/or friends.

For all, may 2005 be a year with fewer threats and stresses than some
recent years. Especially for those in south east USA & the tornado
belt, may the weather be kinder. And, in any case, may your orchids
bring you great joy.
Dave Gillingham

Thanks for all the Mays, Dave! It makes me feel like spring is coming
soon...may all to you too!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Rediscover the Web!
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

They're free!

Old 22-12-2004, 05:43 PM
K Barrett

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Well, as a good friend of mine would have said, it's only three
sleepies and a wakey to go! Despite several very philosophical
discussions held on his front porch, supported by numerous mugs of
coffee while watching the world go by, I was never able to get an
explanation of why there were n sleepies, but only one wakey
mentioned.

You are evil... this is going to bug me for the rest of the day. Sorta like
having The Chipmunks singing '"all I want's a Hooola Hooop!" running round
and round my head...

3 sleepies and a wakey...hmmm...

I can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas, don't be late! (Arrgh there
it is again!! AAALLVIIIIN!)

K Barrett

Old 22-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Al

dang you Barrett and your chipmunk jingle. I almost made it. How could
you?

The only antidote now go stand in front of the CD player blaring "A Charlie
Brown Christmas" CD until the Vince Guaraldi Trio can etch a more acceptable
grove into my brain.

Old 22-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:14:07 -0500, "Al" wrote:

dang you Barrett and your chipmunk jingle. I almost made it. How could
you?

Perhaps you would prefer this chipmunk song. It's my favorite.

http://search.able2know.com/About/4379.html

deg
Old 22-12-2004, 10:15 PM
K Barrett

"Dewitt" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:14:07 -0500, "Al" wrote:

dang you Barrett and your chipmunk jingle. I almost made it. How could
you?

Perhaps you would prefer this chipmunk song. It's my favorite.

http://search.able2know.com/About/4379.html

deg

Now *that's* worthwhile!

Old 22-12-2004, 10:21 PM
K Barrett

Just a little lovin' from me to you, Al! Merry Christmas!

I think you can download Charley Brown's Christmas he
http://www.mp3.com/vince-guaraldi/ar...2/summary.html

K Barrett
(now I hear the cool strains of Vince as an underscore to 'chipmunks
roasting on an open fire'.... argh!!!)

Old 22-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Diana Kulaga

LOLOLOLOL......

newszlyd.226320$5K2.222591@attbi_s03...

Old 24-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Kenni Judd

Dear Dave -- I suspect your friend takes naps during the "wakie." Happy
Holidays to all, Kenni

Old 27-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Dave Gillingham

Kenni, if the truth be known, I think the philisophical discussion was
more important than reaching a solution. After all, where's the fun
in *resolving* a problem? That takes it out of your agenda & then you
have to find another topic. Not to mention, no excuse for sitting
with copious mugs of coffee & watching the world go by!
Happy New Year.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:15:55 -0500, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

Dear Dave -- I suspect your friend takes naps during the "wakie." Happy
Holidays to all, Kenni

.. .

Old 29-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Kenni Judd

Hi, Dave: At the risk of sounding like the Grinch, you obviously have too
much time on your hands. I could cure that ... but I think I lack the
jurisdictional authority to draft you G. Prospero Ano Nuevo [I can't
figure out how to overstrike the tilde that belongs on the "n" ... ], Kenni

news

wrote:

[...]

-
----

Dave Gillingham

----

Old 30-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Dave Gillingham

Hey, Kenni, isn't that what retirement is supposed to be all about?
Draft away - by the time it gets here it will be a gentle breeze G.
Thanks for the wishes, tilde or no.

Sadly, not too much cheer in SE Asia - last I heard, death toll was
80,000 & rising. A dreadful tragedy. When you think of the human
devastation caused in all those neighbouring countries, I get very
angry that our media go on at such length about 8 Aussies lost - not
for a moment to trivialise the tragedy for those close to them, but
it's less than one ten-thousandth of the overall tragedy.

Old 30-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Diana Kulaga

Sadly, not too much cheer in SE Asia - last I heard, death toll was
80,000 & rising. A dreadful tragedy. When you think of the human
devastation caused in all those neighbouring countries, I get very
angry that our media go on at such length about 8 Aussies lost - not
for a moment to trivialise the tragedy for those close to them, but
it's less than one ten-thousandth of the overall tragedy.

I can understand your feelings, Dave, though no such noise is occuring here
about the few Americans who were lost. Still, every single loss is a
tragedy, and I can relate to a country's dwelling on its own. As I write,
the losses are over 110,000, and I doubt that the entire number can ever be
counted.

Horrific.

Diana