Old 22-12-2004, 07:25 PM
diane

Default culture for a Epicattleya middleburg

Help. I'm giving a epic. Middleburg "maj" as a gift but I can't find the
right culture info online. I won this one in a auction for gift purposes,
and want to include the care info in the wrapping. I'm guessing Catt
conditions- but this will be a first orchid for this person.

Type me up something I can print out
thanks!

--
Diane

Old 23-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Rob Halgren

diane wrote:

Help. I'm giving a epic. Middleburg "maj" as a gift but I can't find the
right culture info online. I won this one in a auction for gift purposes,
and want to include the care info in the wrapping. I'm guessing Catt
conditions- but this will be a first orchid for this person.

Epc., actually.

Type me up something I can print out
thanks

You know, I'd just go to the AOS and print off one of their beginner
culture sheets for cattleya. That would look nice and professional. I
don't think there are any mystical secrets for Epidendrum hybrids
(actually in this case probably Encyclia, or perhaps one of those
newfangled renamings of encyclia that I don't quite trust yet). Biggest
trick for all of this group is to let them get drier than you might
really want to in between waterings. And strong light.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )
Old 27-12-2004, 12:26 AM
diane

Thanks- I ended up printing the AOS cat sheet out for her. I found clear
plastic gift wrap at Wal-Mart and with the care sheet, photo of the bloom
and a bow, my friend was very pleased to receive the plant. I would have
paid double if I didn't know better and saw it wrapped! Her first
orchid-she has many artificial ones in her home. The catt was perfect for
her since she goes away on vacation frequently and has great lighting in her
home. I told her to just soak it before leaving and don't worry about it.

--
Diane