Old 22-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default A Kulaga Christmas for rgo

Another Kulaga Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, and in the lanai
The orchids knew well that Santa was nigh
So they preened and they flowered and smelled very good
To attract Santa Claus right to our neighborhood.
And inside our home dear Casper the Cat
Was hoping for presents befitting his rank.
Casper, excited, with breath ever bated
Cuddled to the door and patiently waited.
The night grew ever later, and Casper was worried
"What if Santa's gone by, what if he was hurried?"
But suddenly Santa came down on the roof,
And Casper let out a little cat woof!
"Come in here, dear Santa, I've been waiting for you!"
And Santa said, "I'd have been here sooner if the roofs weren't all blue!"
"Well, here you are, Santa, and here is our tree!
Leave something for them, and please, something for me!"
As Santa began to unload his pack,
Casper caught wind of a quite tasty snack
It was catnip, alright, Casper thought to himself,
And he snatched it away and jumped to a plant shelf!
As he jumped his claw tangled in poor Santa's beard,
And the sounds Santa made woke us up when we heard.
The screaming was awful, and we ran to see,
Just in time to watch Santa fall into the tree!
And once again this year Frank helped Santa get up,
And gave him some Cognac in a Christmasy cup.
We all set to righting the tree and its glitter,
Picking up ornaments and discarding litter.
Santa, holding no grudges, gave us special attention,
And of Casper's transgressions there was little mention,
There were Vandas for Frank, and a blue Phal for good measure,
For Diana he brought Cattleya species to treasure!

And then off he rode in his sooty old suit,
And we heard him cry "That cat is a mischief, but boy is he cute!"

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Frank & Diana Kulaga (and Casper the Wonder Cat)

Old 23-12-2004, 02:33 AM
wendy7

Thank you Diana, for the neat poem. It is terrific, you
should be writing stories.
Merry Christmas to you & yours.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 23-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Reka

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Another Kulaga Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, and in the lanai
The orchids knew well that Santa was nigh
So they preened and they flowered and smelled very good
To attract Santa Claus right to our neighborhood.

Now that was a nice thing to wake up to! Merry Christmas to you and
Frank, too, Diana, and a kiss behind the ears for Casper.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Rediscover the Web!
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

They're free!

Old 23-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Dave Gillingham

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:49:19 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Another Kulaga Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, and in the lanai
The orchids knew well that Santa was nigh
So they preened and they flowered and smelled very good
To attract Santa Claus right to our neighborhood.
And inside our home dear Casper the Cat
Was hoping for presents befitting his rank.

Love it, thank you Diana. A special wish to all cat lovers & their
cats. And, despite apparent evidence to the contrary, may certain
damaged fingers improve greatly in 2005.

Dave Gillingham

Old 24-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Diana Kulaga

Glad it brightened someone's day, Reka; Wendy, writing stories is part of
what I do. Dave, those fingers will behave, in fact, get better all the
time.

Pax.

Diana

Happy Christmas to all in rgo & abpo Dave Gillingham Orchids 9 25-12-2005 01:11 AM
rgo history? 10 years! Rob Halgren Orchids 8 27-01-2004 11:47 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 46 18-01-2004 09:12 AM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 1 06-01-2004 06:47 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 3 06-01-2004 06:45 PM