Old 24-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Phalguy

Default superthrive in Canada!

Hello everyone!

Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in Canada?

Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in Canada? I know
Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of regulation
problem!

thanks

Claude

Old 24-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Bob Betts

The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON. 1-800-338-1136.
The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have bought a
bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for the
society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller quantities
yet.

The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a complete
data sheet on our club website at http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp

The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from personal
communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator: Plant Biology
Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid Collection -Michigan State
University

I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to add to an
IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was only in
U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer values since
the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of fertilizer
since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most of them did
not have access to anything that would measure ounces or grams.

Good luck.

Old 24-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Phalguy

Thanks Bob!

Do you know how much is a bag of 25 pounds?
Does he have an email adress?

Thanks

Claude Gagné

Old 24-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Phalguy

Old 24-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Ray

Bob,

One thing you might note in your docs - Bill Argo told me that the
fertilizers were designed to be used at 125 ppm N at every watering.

FWIW, I have been using it that way for 18 months now, and am very
pleased.

..

Old 24-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Phalguy

Hello Bob!

I found their website but coulnd`t find the MSU fertilizer! I sent them an
email!

thanks

Claude

"Phalguy" wrote in message
| Thanks Bob!
|
| Do you know how much is a bag of 25 pounds?
| Does he have an email adress?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude Gagné
| "Bob Betts" wrote in message
| | The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON. 1-800-338-1136.
| | The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have bought a
| | bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for the
| | society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller quantities
| | yet.
| |
| | The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a complete
| | data sheet on our club website at http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp
| |
| | The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from personal
| | communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator: Plant Biology
| | Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid Collection -Michigan State
| | University
| |
| | I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to add to an
| | IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was only in
| | U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer values since
| | the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of fertilizer
| | since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most of them did
| | not have access to anything that would measure ounces or grams.
| |
| | Good luck.
| |
| |
| | On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0500, "Phalguy"
| | wrote:
| |
| | Hello everyone!
| |
| | Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in Canada?
| |
| | Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in Canada? I
know
| | Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of regulation
| | problem!
| |
| | thanks
| |
| | Claude
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old 24-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Phalguy

"Phalguy" wrote in message
| Thanks Bob!
|
| Do you know how much is a bag of 25 pounds?
| Does he have an email adress?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude Gagné
| "Bob Betts" wrote in message
| | The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON. 1-800-338-1136.
| | The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have bought a
| | bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for the
| | society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller quantities
| | yet.
| |
| | The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a complete
| | data sheet on our club website at http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp
| |
| | The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from personal
| | communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator: Plant Biology
| | Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid Collection -Michigan State
| | University
| |
| | I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to add to an
| | IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was only in
| | U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer values since
| | the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of fertilizer
| | since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most of them did
| | not have access to anything that would measure ounces or grams.
| |
| | Good luck.
| |
| |
| | On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0500, "Phalguy"
| | wrote:
| |
| | Hello everyone!
| |
| | Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in Canada?
| |
| | Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in Canada? I
know
| | Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of regulation
| | problem!
| |
| | thanks
| |
| | Claude
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old 25-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Edmond Cormier

All good fertilizer company have the equivalent of MSU , Claude. In
Canada, check Plant-Prod catalogue or Net site for Plug Fertilizer.
Specially : PlantProd 12-2-14 which has a ratio of calcium to magnesium of
2:1
Merry Christmas
Ed Cormier

Old 27-12-2004, 12:40 AM
wendy7

Hello Ed, I am curious as to what fertilizer you use?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 27-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Phalguy

Hello Ray!

The MSU should be use at 125 ppm of N. Is it a strict number or if you go a
little higher it would be fine too, I mean about 150 ppm?

To get 125 ppm on N, you have to use .5 teaspoon?

Thanks

Claude

Old 27-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Ray

The calculations are (approximately):

teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.095 x N (from fertilizer label) for 125 ppm
teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.114 x N (from fertilizer label) for 150 ppm

The MSU formulations were designed to be used at 125 ppm as that
provides the maximum growth without overdoing the nitrogen (which is
what the MSU folks concluded was the cause of reduction in blooming)
while providing the correct concentrations of all of the other
nutrient ions without waste.

Personally, I doubt going a bit higher on the concentration of your
solutions will have any consequences to your plants, but is a waste of
fertilizer, which can have a long-term environmental impact.

..

Old 27-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Phalguy

Hello Ray!

An US gallon = 3,8 L.
Accroding to the ppm calculator on your site, tu get a 125 ppm N, you need
..5 teaspoon ! Why did you write 0,095 to get 125 ppm N?

I`m confused! I just woke up `cause I was working night, so that`s maybe....

Claude

"Ray" wrote in message
| The calculations are (approximately):
|
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.095 x N (from fertilizer label) for 125 ppm
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.114 x N (from fertilizer label) for 150 ppm
|
| The MSU formulations were designed to be used at 125 ppm as that
| provides the maximum growth without overdoing the nitrogen (which is
| what the MSU folks concluded was the cause of reduction in blooming)
| while providing the correct concentrations of all of the other
| nutrient ions without waste.
|
| Personally, I doubt going a bit higher on the concentration of your
| solutions will have any consequences to your plants, but is a waste of
| fertilizer, which can have a long-term environmental impact.
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| .
| "Phalguy" wrote in message
| Hello Ray!
|
| The MSU should be use at 125 ppm of N. Is it a strict number or if
| you go a
| little higher it would be fine too, I mean about 150 ppm?
|
| To get 125 ppm on N, you have to use .5 teaspoon?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| "Ray" wrote in message
| | Bob,
| |
| | One thing you might note in your docs - Bill Argo told me that the
| | fertilizers were designed to be used at 125 ppm N at every
| watering.
| |
| | FWIW, I have been using it that way for 18 months now, and am very
| | pleased.
| |
| | --
| |
| | Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| | Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| | .
| | "Bob Betts" wrote in message
| | The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON.
| | 1-800-338-1136.
| | The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have
| bought a
| | bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for the
| | society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller
| | quantities
| | yet.
| |
| | The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a
| | complete
| | data sheet on our club website at
| | http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp
| |
| | The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from personal
| | communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator: Plant
| | Biology
| | Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid Collection -Michigan
| | State
| | University
| |
| | I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to add
| | an
| | IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was
| only in
| | U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer values
| since
| | the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of
| | fertilizer
| | since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most of
| them
| | did
| | not have access to anything that would measure ounces or grams.
| |
| | Good luck.
| |
| |
| | On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0500, "Phalguy"
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | Hello everyone!
| |
| | Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in
| Canada?
| |
| | Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in
| Canada? I
| | know
| | Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of
| | regulation
| | problem!
| |
| | thanks
| |
| | Claude
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old 27-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Ray

Sorry, Claude!

I think it was my problem for posting B.C. (before coffee), but you
apparently have one as well:

Based upon the info from the label (posted on my website), to get 125
ppm N you add 0.625 teaspoon of the Well Water (N=19) formula or 0.83
teaspoon of the Pure Water (N=13) formula to a US gallon of water.

..

"Ray" wrote in message
| The calculations are (approximately):
|
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.095 x N (from fertilizer label) for 125
ppm
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.114 x N (from fertilizer label) for 150
ppm

| The MSU formulations were designed to be used at 125 ppm as that
| provides the maximum growth without overdoing the nitrogen (which
is
| what the MSU folks concluded was the cause of reduction in
blooming)
| while providing the correct concentrations of all of the other
| nutrient ions without waste.
|
| Personally, I doubt going a bit higher on the concentration of
your
| solutions will have any consequences to your plants, but is a
waste of
| fertilizer, which can have a long-term environmental impact.
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| .
| "Phalguy" wrote in message
| Hello Ray!
|
| The MSU should be use at 125 ppm of N. Is it a strict number or
if
| you go a
| little higher it would be fine too, I mean about 150 ppm?
|
| To get 125 ppm on N, you have to use .5 teaspoon?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| "Ray" wrote in message
| | Bob,
| |
| | One thing you might note in your docs - Bill Argo told me that
the
| | fertilizers were designed to be used at 125 ppm N at every
| watering.
| |
| | FWIW, I have been using it that way for 18 months now, and am
very
| | pleased.
| |
| | --
| |
| | Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| | Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| | .
| | "Bob Betts" wrote in message
| | The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON.
| | 1-800-338-1136.
| | The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have
| bought a
| | bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for
the
| | society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller
| | quantities
| | yet.
| |
| | The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a
| | complete
| | data sheet on our club website at
| | http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp
| |
| | The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from
personal
| | communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator:
Plant
| | Biology
| | Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid
Collection -Michigan
| | State
| | University
| |
| | I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to
add
| | an
| | IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was
| only in
| | U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer
values
| since
| | the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of
| | fertilizer
| | since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most
of
| them
| | did
| | not have access to anything that would measure ounces or
grams.
| |
| | Good luck.
| |
| |
| | On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0500, "Phalguy"
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | Hello everyone!
| |
| | Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in
| Canada?
| |
| | Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in
| Canada? I
| | know
| | Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of
| | regulation
| | problem!
| |
| | thanks
| |
| | Claude
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

[IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 9 20-01-2011 06:38 PM
superthrive in Canada! Phalguy Orchids 1 05-03-2008 02:17 AM
[IBC] Superthrive (was [IBC] Epsom salts Anita Hawkins Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 05:42 PM
Superthrive Treatment of sick Tree (Oak) Shane Trahan Gardening 1 30-06-2003 09:44 PM
Organic jap 'superthrive', better results too!!! Jonathan Phua Orchids 0 26-01-2003 04:39 AM