Old 29-12-2004, 08:43 AM
whatever

Default cymbidium problem

Merry xmas and a happy new year to you's all

Can someone please help me?

I have 3 cymbidiums 1 of which is in a very poor condition.

The leaves are turning yellow and falling off and some of the pseudobulbs
have soft and brown.

I have removed all the pseudobulbs that are 'rotting' and removed all the
dead roots and repotted it but it is still losing leaves etc...

I have looked in books and on the Internet for help and got nowhere

Any advice or hints would be very helpful

Thanks very much and look forward to hearing from someone

My e-mail address is

Old 29-12-2004, 11:38 AM
keith ;-\)

What conditions do you grow your cymbidiums?
What are they potted in?
It sounds like the roots cannot support the plant,is it possible you have
over watered & caused the roots to rot,this causing the plant not being able
to take in water.
It is difficult to know,as you havent really given much to go on.
More info is really needed.
Also can you post a picture on ABPO or a url?
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 30-12-2004, 11:04 PM
profpam

Hi Whatever,

To save the plant, cut-off all rotting elements. Trim all leaves that
display disease/problems. Repot what is left in a bark mix. Keep from
heat/cold. Place a bit of spaghum moss to promote rooting. Keep shaded
and water after a week or more.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/page3.html

Old 01-01-2005, 12:45 PM
whatever

Happy new year all

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

yesterday I removed 5 more rotting pseudobulbs :-(

The 5 remaining pseudobulbs are rotting.

I think I will just have to throw the plant :-(

On a brighter note the free's up some space for more orchids :-)

Thanks once again for your help

Whatever

link.net...

---------------------------

Old 04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
whatever

Hi All

Just bought a replacement cymbidium yestersday.

It has 2 flower spikes on it.

When I got it home I discovered 2 more flower spikes :-)

I have tried to save the other cymbidium using your suggestions.

It seems to be working no more rot has appeared in the last couple of days.

So there seems to be hope yet for it.

Thanks again

Whatever

cymbidium problem whatever Orchids 0 29-12-2004 08:43 AM
Cymbidium Florida Flamingo 'Pink Passion' Go Gators Orchids 0 22-02-2003 09:39 PM
Pete's unknown Cymbidium [email protected] United Kingdom 11 30-01-2003 07:07 AM
Cymbidium goeringii - Thanks! Roger Van Loon United Kingdom 2 28-01-2003 01:44 PM
Cymbidium goeringii Roger Van Loon United Kingdom 0 27-01-2003 02:01 PM