Old 06-01-2005, 04:50 PM
TS

Default Bad Seller Alert- "okorchid" on Ebay!!

I really do hate trashing people. But when they REALLY deserve it it has
to be done. I also don't want anyone here to get ripped off by this jerk!

Yes, this was the first time I decided to buy orchids on Ebay. I always
look, but never bought until this auction caught my eye:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0858199&ssPage
Name=STRK:MEWA:IT

The seller is "okorchid", and I won 4 Miltoniopsis orchids for $30, and
$12 for shipping. Great price, right? Well okorchid must have thought
so, too! I paid right away, and he wrote to say he wanted to wait a week
to send them due to cold weather. I replied that that would be fine. A
couple of weeks go by and I email him asking if they were sent. He
replies that he had a death in the family and didnt get around to
sending them yet, but will do it right away and send me tracking info. I
told him I understand and that I am sorry for his loss. Another week or
so, no email with confirmation, no orchids. I write hime SEVERAL more
times, and end up threatening to give him negative feedback, report him
to Ebay, etc.

He finally writes back and says that someone cut the power to his
greenhouse and he lost his plants. Police investigation, etc. made it so
he couldn't even go to his office and email me back. He tells me he will
put the money back on my card (I paid with Mastercard) right away. That
was a week ago. Now he wont answer my emails and I am out $42.

So I look at his feedback and there are several people who had the same
ripoff as I did- and they are for orchids that look like they should
have sold for more than they did. Then, there are also others who got
orchids in past week!

This creep lied about everything, and stole my money. He is doing it to
other people as well. If you look at the positive feedback- it's all for
plants that sold for a good amount. The other people like me, got a good
price, and then got ripped off.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...serid=okorchid

I guess I will never be able to get my money back, but I am going to
try to alert Ebay as to what he is doing. Anyone ever buy from this guy?

DON"T BUY ANYTHING FROM "okorchid"!!!!!

Southwest Orchids is the name of the company I guess. Here is his
website:

http://www.sworchids.com

User ID: ***okorchid
Name:***steve eagle
Company: ***southwest orchids
City:***Ardmore
State:***OK

Old 06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
keith ;-\)

I don't want to tell you something that should be obvious when buying on
Ebay,always read the feed back and ratings !I only buy if the ratings are
very near 100 percent.
you have obviously had to learn the hard way!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Ray

As Al said, challenge the charge with your credit card company. Not
only will you not owe the $42, but he will be dunned the $42 and at
least a $20 chargeback fee.

..

Old 07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
dusty

File a fraud complaint with Ebay here I know it says insurance but it has
links to placing a fraud complaint.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/insurance.html
Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
dusty

boergreen claims to be selling near blooming size plants but what you get
is a 1 inch cell pack seedling that is if you don't get something that's
frozen because he ships parcel post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
dusty

Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Dewitt

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:54:24 GMT, dusty wrote:

boergreen claims to be selling near blooming size plants but what you get
is a 1 inch cell pack seedling that is if you don't get something that's
frozen because he ships parcel post

Looking at his feedback, he may have learned that shipping orchids
from Canada in December is a poor idea. . .

FYI, I've purchased a number of orchids on ebay and I never bid on
anything unless there is a picture of the actual plant up for auction
or, at a minimum, a picture of a representative plant.

deg

Old 07-01-2005, 07:27 PM
TS

Actually this guy HAD perfect feedback (one neutral) when I bid on the
orchids. He had a lot of BS in his descriptions, but I figured I would
take a chance. He is no longer an Ebay member after yesterday, however.
yea!

Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:29:08 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

FYI, I've purchased a number of orchids on ebay and I never bid on
anything unless there is a picture of the actual plant up for auction
or, at a minimum, a picture of a representative plant.

deg

We had a problem for a while with one of the ebay sellers linking
to our pictures and trying to say it was his plant. In fact when
you read what he had posted, it sounded like this was the plant
photographed. But you and I know his plants were seedlings not
full grown, esp. Ascda.

So double check the photo's origin.
SuE