Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM
K Barrett

Default newsgroup reader/ changing browsers

Hi all,

OK, this is on topic only because we're all reading this group on
computers, so I have a computer question.

My ISP changed to Giganews, making access to Usenet difficult.
Therefore I'm taking this opportunity to research changing from Outlook
Express to some other news reader. I'm also taking this opportunity to
finally stop using Internet Explorer as a browser. Something I intended
to do 4-5 yrs ago, heh.

I'm considering Mozilla/Firefox and Agent. (Unless Mozilla has its own
newsreader... hadn't thought of that)

Any input as to ease of use or frequency of attacks by
popups/worms/viruses etc with these alternate programs? Like would
they be more/less open to attack?

I find I have gotten stuck in my ways and only understand programs of
the 1995-1998 vintage, so I'm anticipating a steep learning curve, as
well as frustration and hair pulling when I make this switch. Its hell
getting old.

K Barrett