Old 16-01-2005, 08:51 AM
whatever

Default dendrochilum glumaceum

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has any information on this orchid e.g. watering,
light etc.

I did a google search on it and found lots of places to buy one but no
imformation on it's care

Thanks

Whatever

Old 16-01-2005, 02:18 PM
wendy7

Found this info at www.Andysorchids.com using the Power search feature.
Dendrochilum glumaceum from the Philippines
an incredible compact plant which puts on a great floral display, 2" bulbs
topped with a single glossy dark green 10" leaf, thin wiry spikes emerge
from the center of new growths, the first 10" of the spikes are upright
followed by a pendant 8" blooming tip, the 1/2" crystalline white flowers
have a brilliant orange lip and are densely arranged in rank-and-file
fashion, easy grower and fragrant.

Spring and Fall Blooming
Intermediate to Warm; 58°F min. to 88°F max.
Bright; 2500-3500 Footcandles (very bright indirect light)
Potted, Moist; 2-3 waterings per week(let dry slightly between waterings)
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 16-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Ray

FWIW, I have one in S/H culture growing along side phals, and it seems
to be ding quite well.

A word of caution though - dendrochilums really don't like to be
repotted. The three species I have all waited for 5 to 8 months after
repotting to even show the slightest hint of new growth. After that
they grew fine...

..