Old 17-01-2005, 08:29 PM
keith ;-\)

Default if a service provider has just put ABPO onto its list of newsgroups

if a service provider has just put ABPO onto its list of newsgroups will all
of the recent messages be able to be downloaded or just messages from when
they put the newsgroup on its list.I am getting ABPO from my service
provider ,but they are only showing messages from today 17/01/05 not
before?Does this mean they only put the newsgroup on today?
I asked them a couple of weeks back to put ABPO on there list & they have.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 17-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Ray

I suppose it depends upon where they get their "feed" and how long it
takes for the messages to be "propagated" from their linked servers.

..

Old 17-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:22:31 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

I suppose it depends upon where they get their "feed" and how long it
takes for the messages to be "propagated" from their linked servers.

They probably will not pick up prior posts. They will probably
only pull the 'new' stuff from their servers. The hope is that
when they do pull you will have a long retention and they will
not dump the contents every 2 days. It may take a few days to
get much. But hopefully in the long run that will mean they will
keep stuff longer.
SuE
Old 17-01-2005, 11:40 PM
keith ;-\)

Thanks Ray & Sue.
I will wait & see how it runs!
Hopefully o.k as I have been getting ABPO with free Teranews,the free
version isn't too reliable.I did upgrade to there next package,but then went
back to the one off set-up fee $3.95.I feel a bit disgruntled having to pay
as I only use 4 newsgroups.
Hopefully I can cancel the account all being well.
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.