Old 19-01-2005, 04:17 AM
sandra

Default My Second Orchid Question

Hello Everyone,
I just brought my second orchid, it's called
Phalaenopsis amabilis (rimestadiana x grandiflora)
It's near blooming size, I was wondering, are the standards of care
same for mature orchids as they are for near blooming sizes?
I was also wondering if anyone knew if this particular one was easy to
care for
Thanks
Sandra

Old 19-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Phalguy

Hello Sandra!

Seem you have a nice species there!
Phal amabilis var. rimestadadiana or var grandiflora are synonyms... at
least I think!

Look he

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bernard.lagr...%20english.htm

Nice white flower !

Claude

oups.com...

Old 19-01-2005, 05:13 AM
danny

Near blooming size Phals should be treated pretty much the same as mature
Phals. Phal. amabilis is a nice species.
-danny

Old 19-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Sandra,

If you can grow Phals in the first place, you should have no problem with
amabilis, IMO. Ours is treated exactly like our other Phals, and is a very
rewarding plant.

Diana

Tomato question -- second crop.. AndyS Edible Gardening 9 23-03-2011 07:00 PM
second year perenials dc Texas 1 05-03-2004 05:29 AM
cutting spike part-way a second time? J Fortuna Orchids 1 25-01-2004 12:32 PM
Second post from Ann dave weil Roses 0 17-11-2003 05:22 PM
Onion Sets - Second Year? Andy Sanson United Kingdom 3 20-06-2003 10:44 AM