GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Headline of the day (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/89448-headline-day.html)

Reka 04-02-2005 06:05 AM

Headline of the day

From "The Scotsman", Edinburgh

"Orchards Herald Kew's Glass Exhibition

By Rebecca Burgess, PA

A riot of orchids from round the world and a hand-blown 1,000 piece
glass sculpture today launched exhibitions at Kew Gardens."

They must have gone all out to plant orchards for only a month's display!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Dewitt 04-02-2005 04:13 PM

At least a typo on this website -
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4086578

deg

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:00:01 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Orchards? Is that a typo by the newspaper, or did they really plant orchards
along with orchids?
Joanna

From "The Scotsman", Edinburgh

Reka 04-02-2005 04:41 PM

Reka wrote:
From "The Scotsman", Edinburgh

"Orchards Herald Kew's Glass Exhibition

By Rebecca Burgess, PA

A riot of orchids from round the world and a hand-blown 1,000 piece
glass sculpture today launched exhibitions at Kew Gardens."

They must have gone all out to plant orchards for only a month's display!

Sorry, I thought this was obviously enough a sarcastic remark that I
omitted the usual ";-)".

J Fortuna 05-02-2005 12:15 AM

Reka,
Sorry, I am a bit too literal minded person sometimes, and don't catch
sarcasm even when everyone else 'gets it'.
Joanna

"Reka" wrote in message
From "The Scotsman", Edinburgh