Old 09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
bobarquette

Default mosaic virus

Hi,
I'm looking for some info on mosaic virus. I have a catt
that has black circle spots on the leaves,but still green in the center
of the circle. They are not perfectly round. Different sizes too. Here
and there kind of. One leaf eventually turned yellow and fell off. Could
this be a virus or something else I hope?
Also does anyone know what to do with an Arundina graminifolia
Bamboo Orchid? I got it as a gift. The instructions say to put it in
well draining soil. Should I put it soil or maybe in fine bark? I have
no idea. Thank you.
Mimi

Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Edmond Cormier

Mimi, I grow my Bamboo Orchid in 1 1/2 gal. pot with a terrestrial mix
(Klehm's Mix) in a warm environment with very high light. In summer:
outside; full sun. Temp range outside: 45F to 95f . I water heavily all
year. It' blooming now and will bloom more than once a year.
Ed. Cormier
news

Old 10-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Steve

bobarquette wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for some info on mosaic virus. I have a catt that
has black circle spots on the leaves,but still green in the center of
the circle. They are not perfectly round. Different sizes too. Here and
there kind of. One leaf eventually turned yellow and fell off. Could
this be a virus or something else I hope?.........................

A little over a year ago, I had several Catts suddenly get something
about like that. Black circles or partial circles up to about half a
inch across. Center was either green or yellow. It looked a lot like a
virus to me but since it appeared on scattered plants all at once, I
kept an open mind. It killed one plant. All the leaves were so bad that
they all yellowed and fell off. The other affected plants ranged from
several spots on most leaves to only a few spots on one leaf.
Last summer, when they were outside, I sprayed a few times with a
fungicide. The infected plants seem to have no spots forming on the new
leaves. I'm still watching, but I'm hopeful that this disease is over.
(As opposed to some of my other disease problems.)
No way to know if what your plant has is the same or not. Chances are, not.

Steve

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
Mosaic virus [email protected] Roses 1 31-05-2007 03:19 PM
"Line Banding" rose mosaic virus JimS. Roses 1 22-08-2003 06:04 AM
mosaic virus on passion flower. Vincent Fitzsimons United Kingdom 1 02-06-2003 09:59 AM