GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spike question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/89648-spike-question.html)

Xi Wang 09-02-2005 11:56 PM

Spike question

Hi list,

I'm wondering about spike length - is it more influenced by genetics or
the environmental conditions under which the plant is grown? I suspect
the former, but wanted an 'expert' opinion. TIA

Cheers,
Xi

Ray 10-02-2005 03:09 AM

I don't think it's a universal thing. In some plants, light conditions have
a major effect, in others, it's temperature.

Do they override genetics? To some degree, sure. Is it a major override?
? ? ?